Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been on the road all day, i have a 04 with 246,000 miles. had codes 420 and 430, i need to service those issues but just erased so that NO codes present.

My main issue is from a complete stop to go, unable to accelerate OVER 2000 RPM. If i do, engine shutters almost like a rev limiter kicking in. Once in motion and we get up to 70-80 mph i still cannot step on gas to go over 2000 rpm.

But if i let truck rest over night, and go to drive in morning, i can accelerate over 2k RPM. When engine, and outside temp gets warm is when this problem occurs. Any thoughts???

·
Super Moderator
161,488 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
I'm having a difficult time figuring out the engineering of exhaust being sucked back into the engine, can someone shed some light on this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wouldn't rule out the fuel pump either. I had a similar problem on a work truck a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm having a difficult time figuring out the engineering of exhaust being sucked back into the engine, can someone shed some light on this?
I'm with you and feel quite good about the fact he made it to 246k miles lol:clap::cheers:

·
Super Moderator
161,488 Posts
The effect of "scavenging" during the overlap period of the exhaust valve closing and the intake valve opening can allow some of the disintegrated cat material to re-enter the combustion chamber. I suspect that if the first cat was a little further from the head, this wouldn't be able to happen.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The effect of "scavenging" during the overlap period of the exhaust valve closing and the intake valve opening can allow some of the disintegrated cat material to re-enter the combustion chamber. I suspect that if the first cat was a little further from the head, this wouldn't be able to happen.
Ah, that makes sense now. Still seems like a long shot, unless there's a lot of debris.

·
Super Moderator
161,488 Posts
It's not just speculation. It has happened. :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts