Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!!!
New to this forum but I need help decided on a Titan. I'm looking at a 2013 Pro-4x and also a SV of the same year with 4x4. I live in Colorado Springs and am planning on going up to the mountain to go snowboarding eventually. I just cannot decide which to go with. I know the pro has the off road set up and locking rear differential and the SV does not. So I just need some pros and cons of the two. I know the rear diff would come in handy if I were to ever get stuck so I know that is one pro of the pro-4x. Just give me you opinion any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
thats pretty much it. assuming the interiors are the same. Pro has skid plates and locker. Pro also looks better with the fender trim.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
I think you're forced to get the higher interior packages with the pro4x. Like Honda said, as far as the outside is concerned those are the only differences. OEM e-locker only works in 4 lo and first gear if I remember right.

·
Registered
201 Posts
P4X all day bud!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input everyone. I guess it's better to have the locking rear diff and not need it than to need it and not have it right?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
If the price is the same get the pro4x but if the sv is significantly cheaper get it and add a locker

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a difference is ride quality? I know a truck is going to drive like a truck but is there a difference since the pro has the Rancho shocks? Does t make the ride more stiff than the SV?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Is there a difference is ride quality? I know a truck is going to drive like a truck but is there a difference since the pro has the Rancho shocks? Does t make the ride more stiff than the SV?
The Pro4 will be a stiffer ride.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I realize I am responding to an old thread here, but will say my 10 cents. I bought a used 2015 SV 4x4 at a Nissan Dealer, and they also had a Pro 4x4 same year sitting next to it. They both looked nice. Cosmetically the Pro 4x4 has the "Look At Me I am A 4x4 in case you didn't know it" stickers all over it, and I would have peeled all those off anyway. The A/T tires that come on the Pro 4x4 suck granted they are better than the SV 4x4's all season tires, but MOST people in the 4x4 world upgrade tires if you have the Pro 4x4 or standard 4x4 anyway. The Pro has 18" rims SV has 20's. I like the 20's better, but the 18's do give you more choices for off road tire selection. Personally liked the blacked out interior of the SV better than the Pro.

So the one biggest thing is the Locking rear diff. MOST people will never use it. Most that do? True Off Roaders are going to up grade that anyway, so again a wash. Skid Plates? I looked under both, Pro has I think one additional plate vs the SV 4x4, and again, if you are a true off roader probably will upgrade those too anyway.

The Rancho Shocks? Suck. I think we are all in agreement there and folks saying they are better than the standard shocks on the SV 4x4 I would like to see their proof, that is just them saying stuff. I have seen Pro's blow shocks over simple stuff where my truck kept going so yeah, again MOST people will upgrade shocks anyway....

Sticker? about $3000 difference. Not worth it IMO.

If you can score a Pro for cheap with low miles, and you like the "Bling" go for it...if you find an SV 4x4 and score a good deal, get it.

In the End? Your getting a kick a s s truck either way...

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts