Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had nothing but problems with my 06 titan.108,000kms. after forking up $3600 bucks for "used" rear diff not under warranty. both manifolds also need replacing.. my exhaust/emissionswarranty hasnt expired yet... since the cats are part of the manifolds will they replace them under warranty as well..??? thats if my cats need to be replaced?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
the cats are part of the manifolds, they are not separate pieces so the answer is yes.

Reactions: lemontitan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the quick response!!! whats a sure way to know if my cats are toast? i really need them to be gone in order to replace my manifolds free of charge. if they aren't, do you know of a way to make that happen..lol

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
if your manifolds are cracked...they will replace your cats as well (toast or not). they cannot order them separately last time i heard, and they dont fabricate/weld themselves. remove and replace is all they do.

as for checking the cats...a dangerous but effective way is to VERY gently tap them. they should sound like they have marbles in them if they are bad. if you tap it too hard it could knock the catalyst loose and you could suck it into your engine which is very bad. you also have upwind and downwind 02 sensors per bank to tell you if the cat is bad, but i heard that isnt too reliable.
you dont require your cats to be bad for the to replace the manifold as they are both warranted equally. im assuming your are from canada...what is the emissions warranty cover to? Yrs? kms?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually its the manifolds that are no longer under warranty. but the only way to replace them cheap is to have my cats replaced under warranty so im hoping my cats do need replacing. no black smoke, no egg smell. no exhaust in the cab... just really loud engine sounds due to cracked manifolds.. i dont want to bring it in for warranty repair until i know forsure the cats are toast.. does anybody know of a way i can make this happen without causing further damage????

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
Wrong ... Your cats and Manifolds are covered on the same warranty. Why, Because they are the same part, Welded together, you cant get one without the other... Get the point?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i am from canada!!! my emissions warranty covers 8yrs/130,000 kms...my manifolds are 60,000kms. my mileage is at 112,000 kms
i recieved a warranty update from nissan canada that the manifolds dont fall under the emissions warrantee but the cats do!! this is why its been brought to my attention that maybe i can do something about it without having to put more money into my truck..

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
Well, as I said, you are covered. The manifold is part of the cat and the cat is part of the manifold. ... Call Nissan and I am sure if you ask the question correctly you will be covered.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
i dont want to say your wrong, maybe its different in canada idk, im from CA, along w/ robkar, so everything in CA is always different lol. someone should find that list of warranty items. ive seen it floating around here somewhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup 100% covered under warranty.. both manifolds toast.. dropped it off tonight. pick it up tomorrow afternoon.... thanks for the advice guys..... now for the back up sensor....lol...

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
The backup sensor is an easy fix. Just look it up on here and you will find a couple threads on the cheap way to fix it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts