Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the dealer to get an oil filter for my wife's 03 altima, and I know the titan uses the same filter. Get the part and look at the list of vechiles on the side and it's not looking good. I've tried to find the exact part number but the last letter isn't there. The part I have is '15208-65F0C'.

What ya think?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
just go to autozone and buy yourself a fram one. i think the part # used is still the same, 7317...i believe

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Fram are horrible filters, get a m1 m110 from walmart

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Called the dealer today and they verified the #'s have changed. The part I listed above will work on the altima and titan.

·
Registered
172 Posts
frams are crap.

i will use the walmart filter before a fram.
actually, walmart, deutch, bosch, and a few others are made the same company: champion labs. and if you look carefully you'll see they're the same.

i prefer the nissan filter, but if i have to buy one at a store, the wally world one is just as good as any other and is cheap.

i won't use the walmart oil in my titan though. i know oil is oil, but i just can't bring myself to do it.

·
Banned
1,022 Posts
i use k&n or douglas filters. expect to pay upwards of 13 bucks each

·
Registered
542 Posts
just go to autozone and buy yourself a fram one. i think the part # used is still the same, 7317...i believe
Yeah, like others have said, Fram's are complete trash. You might as well cut open a used filter and stick in an old sock, than buy a Fram.

It's not just rumor and conjecture either. Just do some googling, or visit the forum over at Bob Is The Oil Guy.

As of a couple of years ago, the highest quality, easiest to find filters at local stores (for me) were the Purolator PURE's, and that decision was based of of a detailed study I downloaded and printed off from a retired engineer. Today, I use Amsoil Ea filters, since due to my powersport hobbies I've become quite an Amsoil fan over the years. I'm sure the OEM Nissan filter is fine as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Called the dealer today and they verified the #'s have changed. The part I listed above will work on the altima and titan.
DON'T PUT THAT FILTER ON YOUR TITAN!!! It has the possibility of blowing the filter off of it being that it is too short. If your wifes altima is a 3.5, then it's fine for her's. If her's is 2.5, then you need the 15208-9E000 oil filter. The 9E000 is also the correct filter for Titan. And even if her Altima is 3.5, if there is enough clearance around it, you can still use the 9E000 on it too.:coolsmile

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
I love Fram filters they are top Quality!!!:teethmast
are they really that bad? i've always used them on all my cars (i change the oil on every1s cars in my family) and never thought twice about it.

well what would you guys recomend the best bang for the buck?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes fram are junk. I put one on my jeep once and the oil pressure went from about 20psi to max. Replaced it with a mopar and all was well. I couldnt tell you what the best filter is but i have always used NAPA gold filter or oem.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
are they really that bad? i've always used them on all my cars (i change the oil on every1s cars in my family) and never thought twice about it.

well what would you guys recomend the best bang for the buck?
Napa gold, purolator

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Yeah? Well I changed my oil last Friday and used a Parts Master oil filter. I rack up miles so quickly using the truck for work so it'll only be on there a month anyway. Seriously, if someone can SHOW me why Fram = crap, then I'd be happy.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Wix filters from O'Reiley FTW. +1 that Fram filters are junk.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts