Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So UCA install should be simple... Remove spindle, remove bolts, remove UCA, grind down little things on the inside of the brackets, replace UCA, replace bolts... Sh!t they don't fit!

This is where I'm stuck. I'm on the driver side and the front bolt fits fine, no issues. The rear part of the UCA cannot push back far enough (in towards the engine) to get the bolt in the hole. I can't find anything on having to grind part of the UCA and/or part of the bracket down to get this to fit.

Any help greatly appreciated as my DD truck is sitting with no UCA on it.

First picture is the front of the bracket, second picture is rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
pry bar on one side and bolt on other? pry an push the bolt in at same time?

UCA install is simple yes, but a HUGE PITA. I think i had to fight mine to fit in too, Nissan has zero quality control on the front ends of these trucks so nothing seems to ever be consistent.

·
Registered
449 Posts
give it a whack with a dead blow hammer

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
lmao. drill out those high misalignment spacers...they're only 20$ each.

but really, dead blow hammer.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Combo pry bar and BFH did the trick. And then, thanks Murphy, my 1/2 ratchet breaks. Won't go reverse anymore.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And of course the passenger side goes in without a hitch. Driver side: 2.5 hours. Passenger side: 30 minutes.

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
driver side is a b1tch for everyone IIRC.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Instead of posting in a different thread I figured I'd just continue this one. About 3 days after I installed they started creaking and groaning any time the truck moved off level ground. I can even stand on the running boards and pull the truck up and down and it'll creak. I started with lithium grease on the bushings, but pulled the UCA's today and put heavier bearing grease on them. Still creak. Will this go away? Should I pull them again with different grease or put some grease in the zerk fittings?

Also, effing driver side bracket cut the bushing a bit. I'm thinking it'll be ok since it's only out on the edge. Ended up going back in there with my dremel tool and grinding the back edges down.

On a plus note I can pull and replace both UCA's on a 4x4 in less than 2 hours now.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Put grease in the zerk fittings, mine did the same thing, grease em up good and it will stop

Reactions: LaxDfns15

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Excellent, that's what I was hoping. Gotta go buy a grease gun now...

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
You should hear my T especially at slow speeds. Sounds like the tin man after a rainstorm. Didnt sound creeky til I moved to humid @s$ San Antonio. In Dry El Paso and Phoenix where I used to live it was great now it sounds like a race truck haha. Race truck parts make race truck noises I guess.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I've still got a damn squeak when I start from a stop, can't figure it out. It's driving me insane. I'm hoping it's a front bearing or ball joint as I'm going to replace those soon.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
When i bought their long travel kit a few years back for my last 05, i didnt have any problems with ANYthing fitting. Granted the uca's had heim joints so i didnt need to grind anything, but they slid right in and bolts went it no problem. I didnt know the frames were so different on these trucks?

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
When installing new suspension components you will generally here a squeak or a creak for a little while until the components break in. Brand new bearings or bushing will often make noise as they settle. For your case it seems maybe no grease was added on the side of the bushings during install? Also adding grease to the grease fitting after getting them installed will help lubricate and prevent them from making noise as everything settles in.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I thought they came with grease in the fittings. I had put plenty of grease on the sides of the bushings, but didn't fill them through the fitting. As soon as I did that the noise went away almost immediately.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts