Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the 3.36 gears and want to put them in however i have called 4 different dealerships and they all said the computer reflash can not be done. Does anyone know a dealership willing to do this? If i cant get this done i do not want to go forward on putting the gears on my truck. I live in southern california.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Reflash for what?
If he put a 3.36 gear in his non big tow Titan, the the info will not match up to his current ECU data. It will throw the speedo off causing cruise control and maybe other things to not work. He need to get his ECU flashed with data from an ECU with 3.36 gearing (BT or OR package).
The only person I know that have this done has been RBsTitan, Up Rev flashed it for him. I highly doubt any dealer will be willing to do this. Hard enough to get them to do the timing advance.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I can't see where, other than maybe a speedo adjustment, the two ECUs would differ. Do we know this for a fact or are we guessing? Interesting info if it is true.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
ABS speed sensors and driveshaft speed sensors get the ECU confused.

·
Registered
85 Posts
call chung @uprev & find out if he can reflash your ecu then you might have a source

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
I can't see where, other than maybe a speedo adjustment, the two ECUs would differ. Do we know this for a fact or are we guessing? Interesting info if it is true.
When RBsTitan did his rear end swap, his ECU was speedo was off, his cruise didn't work and a few other issues. Up Rev was able to flash his ECU with data from a BT ECU and all was fixed.
While all the ECU are the same, the info on it is different from Titan to Titan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys.. I am just going to contact up rev. That seems to be my best option. Now the next task... Getting them installed. That will probably be a pain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts