Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i sold my little pop up and im buying a huge 26ft travel trailer that weighs 7k pounds... they are going to put in sway bars, brake controller, hd hitch... anything else i need like firestone airbags ? i need answers tonight because the dealer im buying it at is right next to disney and thats where i will be for the whole week...

thanks

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
A weight distro hitch will be needed too. Make sure you do a good PDI. CHECK everything. Atleast the dealer willl be close in case something's not right. Have fun camping.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
You going to lazydayz RV??

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Airbags are a big help. One of the trailers I tow is a dump trailer. The weight varries from 3000 to 10,000 pounds. And depending who loads it can make the tounge wait a bit too much. The airbags help with that a bunch. Plus I have the leveling kit and with a little bit of tounge weight it makes the back sit lower than the front. Thats why I got the airbags.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I pull a 26 footer that weighs 8400 # loaded. I use the Equal-I-Zer weight distributing hitch which I believe to be the best and safest you can get. Of course, it's also expensive. I also use Firestone air springs to help with the excessive tongue weight and I get great results with a steady ride. Whatever the brand, the WD hitch is a number one priority! Enjoy the trailer and your trip!!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much are air bags and wd hitch ? they are charging me around 1300 for the hitch, and brakes... they never told me what brand or w/e because this has all been on the phone so far..i go in tomorow morning.. its an hour and a half drive so...i guess i get what they give me lol

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I got the airlift airbags from prg. They have them for $209 shipped now but when i bought them they were around $175.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
titanmike said:
I got the airlift airbags from prg. They have them for $209 shipped now but when i bought them they were around $175.
Mike, do you have a pic of your airbag install in another thread somewhere?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I will echo others. Equalizer hitch, I paid $395 on ebay. Prodigy brake controller around $100. rite rite air bags were $275 installed. the set up should pull pretty well.
Not all WD hitches are the same. the Titan is pretty light and the sway control with the equalizer is a blessing. Also, I just upgraded from the voyager brake control to the Prodigy. Much smoother stops easy to set up also.
Happy camping
Brian

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
how much are air bags and wd hitch ? they are charging me around 1300 for the hitch, and brakes... they never told me what brand or w/e because this has all been on the phone so far..i go in tomorow morning.. its an hour and a half drive so...i guess i get what they give me lol
Got to RVwholsalers.c0m and you can get the Equal-I-Zer hitch and Prodigy Brake Controller for $500, a call to PRG for for some shocks and Air Bags and you will be good to go.... And all for less than 1300...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the problem is need this stuff tomorow morning so shopping around isnt a option really.. i guess ill take it royally and get screwed so i can have a good trip... plus im financing it, i dont have 1grand to buy a frigin hitch lol...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
the problem is need this stuff tomorow morning so shopping around isnt a option really.. i guess ill take it royally and get screwed so i can have a good trip... plus im financing it, i dont have 1grand to buy a frigin hitch lol...

Dude, please don't take it for that price.. tell them 400 for the hitch aqnd brake controller and 2 hours labor max for install. I hate to see a brother get screwed like that!! If they really want the sale they will work with you... Trust me, if they sell you some kind of crap you are gonna want to up-grade and then you will be double screwed. I wish you would have asked a couple of weeks ago.....

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah i know... i didnt know i was going this big.. was at the dealer looking and about bought a new 06 and it was lite and did not need the hd hitch and all that just brakes and theni walked out because they only wanted to pay 2500 for my camper so i went and sold it online that night for 4500 500 less then i paid for it 2 years ago :) and i still have those reservations so i gotta buy something quick... im buying it tomorow morning and pick it up then 6 miles down the road is disney lol.. so its not going far.. then an hour and a half back home...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well ill end up talking it out tomorow morning and maybe threaten to walk out last minuite if they dont drop the price some... and it doesnt matter to me, im not paying for it :p so its not gunna hurt me...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Damn, you staying at Fort Wilderness??? I was there a year ago.. Man that is one of the best campgrounds..

How long you staying there? Maybe you can get your hitch shipped there!!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ill be there till friday.. so its possible.. its just i cannot afford to hand out that kind of money right now, i gotta put all i have down to make it affordable monthly..

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Call D-world and tell them that you need a part for your trailer shipped in during your stay and see what they say...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i figured out what ill do...my moms paying for the trailer so i talked it over with her and she said that wd, sway bars, and brakes are going to be installed and she will just take it how ever much she has to pay since safteys first and shes financing it anyways so saving a few hundred bucks doesnt matter to her...

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh yeah.. i have bigtow and it came with the brake controll harnes.. but i cant find it.. will they have it or do i gotta keep looking ? thanks

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well thanks for the help i got some good ideas and im am probably turning my computer off soon and wont be on till friday... maybe ill chime in on my palm treo but most likley not... see ya guys later im going to disney land ! :) lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts