Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me some help with installing a 6 cd chnager RF HU into my 2007 XE. I took the deck out and the plugs do not match up. I have heard that there is additional wiring and maybe even a seperate amp. if anyone knows what to do please let me know and if you have any pictures pleae let me know.

thanks

simsdiesel

·
Registered
684 Posts
Invest $20 and download the PDFs for the 2007 Titan shop manual at Nissan's publication site. Compare the wiring differences between the 'stock' radio wiring and the Rockford wiring. In addition to the need for the external amp there is considerable wiring differences. On the non-RF system the speaker wiring goes directly from the HU to the speaker locations. For the RF system that wiring goes from the HU to the amp and from the amp to the speakers. This wiring is integral to the wiring harness of the truck when it is built, it is not an overlay. Therefore there are no part numbers to add the necessary cabling on top of the present wiring. One would have to get a new dash and interior wiring harness to replace the existing wiring.

Now, it may be possible to find a wrecked LE that you could pull the dash wiring harness from to get the necessary connectors and wiring that you could then install on top of the existing wiring.

As I said in your previous post, this is not a very practical modification. The best bet is to get an aftermarket HU and proceed from there.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
You'd be better off buying a "midline" 6 disc from an SE or just buying aftermarket than trying to upgrade to the RF. This is way more work than its worth!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts