Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently sitting on stock suspension and will be looking to get at the very least 2 inches of lift up front, and potentially some blocks in back if necessary. There is a few routes ive been suggested. Some say go with the 2' spacer up front. Of course, there is also PRG's MiniLift. Those seem pretty cut and dry to me.

The option that Im most interested in (and most confused by) is the '08+ 4x4 springs w/ 5100s. Now I know there are two different kinds of those springs...the regular 4x4s and the Pro4Xs. Question: I know the Pro4Xs are stiffer, but do they provide any additional height when added in my application over the standard '08+ 4x4s?

Also, just want to confirm...doing the newer 4x4 springs with 5100s as well as a spacer (say 1' or 1.5") can only be accomplished with aftermarket UCAs?

Anything else I should know regarding that setup?

Thanks for helping the novice out, guys.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
you can get the blistein shocks that level the truck , a lil more expensive than the leveling kit but you get the hole set up in one shot..

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can get the blistein shocks that level the truck , a lil more expensive than the leveling kit but you get the hole set up in one shot..
From everything ive read, the Bilstein 5100s only will give me 1/2" by themselves. I understand that. My question was more aimed toward the 4x4 springs. Im aware the PRO4X springs are firmer, but do they provide an additional lift over the standard '08+ 4x4s?

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
From everything ive read, the Bilstein 5100s only will give me 1/2" by themselves. I understand that. My question was more aimed toward the 4x4 springs. Im aware the PRO4X springs are firmer, but do they provide an additional lift over the standard '08+ 4x4s?
the 5100 is the ones i got and it DID level the truck.. im not sure about springs being firmer

·
Registered
91 Posts
Once installed with 5100 set to 0 lift i gained about 1.25 inches. Some people have said it gives you 2 inches but I didnt get that much. I added 5125 in the rear and I am closer to level then stock but not completly level.

Ride is much better than stock.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once installed with 5100 set to 0 lift i gained about 1.25 inches. Some people have said it gives you 2 inches but I didnt get that much. I added 5125 in the rear and I am closer to level then stock but not completly level.

Ride is much better than stock.
Is this with or without the '08+ 4x4s? Thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing i want to do this to my 2wd titan

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
The 08 4x4 springs are 15' long compaired to your 04 4x4 springs which are 14". I have the setup 5100's middle setting with 08 springs and I got 2.5" overall lift. The front actually sat a smudge higher than the back so I put a 1" block in the rear.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Anyone know if its okay to run the 08 4x4s with a leveling spacer (say..1"-1.5" or so)?

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Thanks guys. Anyone know if its okay to run the 08 4x4s with a leveling spacer (say..1"-1.5" or so)?
I tried that with PRG 1.5 level kit (.85" diameter) and I had coil bucket contact so I took it back off. I know for sure if I replaced the upper control arm it would have worked. Others have posted they were able to make it work with the OEM UCA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts