Nissan Titan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Hi everybody, great site!
quick question? my 06 titan it feels like is loosing alot power! it only has 5800 miles.I had never change the oil and air filter. Maybe these is why am loosing all the power?

MY NAME IS MARIO, I AM A TROLL!

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
If you have been driving normal, the ECU "adapt" to your driving habits. You are now in what is refer to as the "Granny Mode". Go out and do a few WOT runs and your Titan will feel better.:D
5800 miles, you should at least change the oil. Air filter can go much longer.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^^good point.
I have been driving like a granny to save gas.
you think by driving hard is going to go back to normal( stronger).About the oil should I go with Mobil 1 full syn.... 5-30.

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
ronnie said:
^^^^good point.
I have been driving like a granny to save gas.
you think by driving hard is going to go back to normal( stronger).About the oil should I go with Mobil 1 full syn.... 5-30.
Once you step on the gas a few few times, it will feel peppy again. I have been using nothing but Mobile1 syn. 5-30 since 3K miles. I might switch over to Amsoil synthetic next time.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info..
One more Question. I always pump 87octane in the truck, should I pump in something better like 91octane or stay with 87oct...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Full synthetic is not required for your truck, unless you really want to spend alot of money on oil changes. I would stick to the regular oils like Valvoline, my honest opinion. Looks like you were driving like a Granny to save gas, so seems like you want to save money, not spend it. There is nothing wrong with 87 octane either but if you want to spend more money, then go with the higher octane. The higher the octane the better but not needed in this truck. Save your money and just follow the regular Nissan maintenance schedule, your truck will last a long time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Your Titan will not run noticably better on just a little higher octane gas. I have always run 87 with no "knock". They are disigned to run on reg. But if you start modifying things on the Engine you may want the higher octane. Many choices with the Titan....Good luck with yours, I'm on my Second one and I like them alot.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
You can also unhook the battery over night and reset the ECU from a clean state. Rehook the battery and then drive it like you stole it.....FIXED. Tires fried, tank empty. One hell of a good time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
You may want to check your air intake passages and air filter. High concentrations of dust and moisture will clog an air filter in a hurry. Has your gas mileage changed for the worse? This is an indication of restricted air intake. On the other hand, have you been going off road? Pinched or blocked exhaust would have the same effect, so would dragging brakes or stuck parking brake. Just some things to look for besides all the other suggestions from the others above.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot for the info.. you guys! and yes I have gone offroading couple of times.My engine bay is really really dirty. I open the air filter box and the filter looks dirty and dusty.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
please change the oil and filter!!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is a way to up the tempo without any ECU resets. Manually leave the transmission in 3rd gear and go WOT from 45 up to 65mph, let up on the throttle and coast to 45 MPH then back to WOT to 65mph. Do this three to four times and your Titan will be wide awake.

You loose a little gas, but it is funner then all get out when these motors come alive past 40mph or WOT. :)

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Crazypete said:
There is a way to up the tempo without any ECU resets. Manually leave the transmission in 3rd gear and go WOT from 45 up to 65mph, let up on the throttle and coast to 45 MPH then back to WOT to 65mph. Do this three to four times and your Titan will be wide awake.

You loose a little gas, but it is funner then all get out when these motors come alive past 40mph or WOT. :)

Thanks, Ill do that

·
Registered
969 Posts
most people get a slight boost from higher octane.. you really need to change that oil

it's not the ECU adapting. the only adapting it really does is deciding when to shift and how long to hold in a particular gear...

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
ronnie said:
Sorry stupid Q/s but, in our truck were is 3rd gear
At about 40mph!!! LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.