Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up fellas and or ladies! I'm new to this forum and I must say it is quite impressive. I was looking through the mods that already available and they are more readily available than what is out their for my current ride.

Okay so here we go. I currentl own a 2003 Accord Coupe V6 6 speed with Navi. It is a sweet ride, but I originally wanted a truck. The wife wouldn't let me get one due to the MPG's that V8's get. However, I think I have convinced her to let me get a Titan. The Titan is the only truck she really likes which is fine by me because I love the 305 HP!!!

I am going to trade in the Accord to a local Nissan Dealer that really wants my car to place aside their 350Z cars. So they are going to give me decent money for the trade. They also promised me that they would negotiat the cost of the truck.

I can't afford an LE nor honestly a SE for that matter. However, the cost of a SE with Mats, and the Rockford Fosgate Captain Package is $26,860 or an Invoice of $24,259. I like the floor shifter, it looks sweet!! Only problem, they do not have this truck in stock, nor do they have one on order.

They would prefer me to take the XE King Cab instead. I like the color (silver) and the interior (tan and charcoal) but I'm not sold on the bench seats. The cost of this one is $23,260 and invoice is $21,054.

I am leaning towards the XE King Cab because it readily in stock and I know they will work the deal for me.

Those that have the XE King Cab's, how do you like it? What are everyone's thoughts and opinions? Thanks,

ApexTitan

·
Registered
473 Posts
Go to the nissan site.

Build the Titan you want.

Search for all the titans equipted the way you like in your area. 100 mi by zip code. At that point you can tell the dealer where the vehicle you want is. He then has an option. Sell you the truck, or have you leave and go to that dealer and have him sell the truck.

Guess which option he wants to do? If he does not want to do it you are getting the ol' softshoe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doghouse said:
Go to the nissan site.

Build the Titan you want.

Search for all the titans equipted the way you like in your area. 100 mi by zip code. At that point you can tell the dealer where the vehicle you want is. He then has an option. Sell you the truck, or have you leave and go to that dealer and have him sell the truck.

Guess which option he wants to do? If he does not want to do it you are getting the ol' softshoe.
My experiences in the past with this has always been negative. The dealerships have to trade vehicles and then one of them loses their holdback and then they are likely to not negotiate on the price. I found one that I want though it is 60 miles away. I might head out there and check it out if I can get them to commit to discounting the truck.

ApexTitan

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Find a dealer you want to work with who will sell at the price you like and order a truck exactly the way you want it. Who cares if you help them move the stock they have on their lot, get what YOU want, not what THEY want to sell. Sure one on the lot might sell for a little less, but think of how little that really is when you spread it out over a 3, 4 or 5-year loan...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree. If you find one you like on the internet within 60 miles or so, drive the 60 miles, look it over, test drive it and make the deal with that dealer. I have heard of people getting the run around when a local dealer "finds" the truck they want at another dealer. Besides, do you really want somebody else to put the first 60-100 miles on "your" new truck, knowing he would likely really want to test that 305 HP?

I went to edmunds.com (I think) and picked options, etc and got the invoice price on about four different configurations. When I went to the lot, I used that as reference on the truck I wanted (even though I had not configured that exact model) I was able to buy at $160 under invoice and get decent money for my trade-in. Last day of the month. Don't undersell your trade-in.

Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ApexTitan said:
What's up fellas and or ladies! I'm new to this forum and I must say it is quite impressive. I was looking through the mods that already available and they are more readily available than what is out their for my current ride.

Okay so here we go. I currentl own a 2003 Accord Coupe V6 6 speed with Navi. It is a sweet ride, but I originally wanted a truck. The wife wouldn't let me get one due to the MPG's that V8's get. However, I think I have convinced her to let me get a Titan. The Titan is the only truck she really likes which is fine by me because I love the 305 HP!!!

I am going to trade in the Accord to a local Nissan Dealer that really wants my car to place aside their 350Z cars. So they are going to give me decent money for the trade. They also promised me that they would negotiat the cost of the truck.

I can't afford an LE nor honestly a SE for that matter. However, the cost of a SE with Mats, and the Rockford Fosgate Captain Package is $26,860 or an Invoice of $24,259. I like the floor shifter, it looks sweet!! Only problem, they do not have this truck in stock, nor do they have one on order.

They would prefer me to take the XE King Cab instead. I like the color (silver) and the interior (tan and charcoal) but I'm not sold on the bench seats. The cost of this one is $23,260 and invoice is $21,054.

I am leaning towards the XE King Cab because it readily in stock and I know they will work the deal for me.

Those that have the XE King Cab's, how do you like it? What are everyone's thoughts and opinions? Thanks,

ApexTitan

Go for what you want and do settle. I looked and dealt for a month with two dealers, though neither had what I wanted. So I told them I want the SE Crewcab and in Black. One dealer tells me that the silver one they have is the same thing, except I won't be paying $800 for a center console. The other dealer told me that they could have the truck I wanted in a day. I got the price from him, went to the other dealer, they came down in price, and then I went back and he came down again. I got my black SE Crew 4X4 with bucket seats. I love it, and I have no regrets for making these dealers battle each other. I got my truck for about $400 over invoice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts