Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, turning a corner, my right rear tire hit a little gravel on acceleration, so it spun a little, and then POP! Truck is in drive, feels like neutral. It kicks back in but now if I coast, then accelerate softly, it will jerk into gear.. Turning corners, my rear end POPS POPS POPS POPS but more harshly when I have power while turning.. I messed something up BAD. Anyone know what that is from just the description?

Next questions.. I have the leveling kit, only on the front, then 315 tires. Should I be taking that off before I go to Nissan to get warranty work on whatever I just did?

Please let me know! Monday is when it has to go in... I start my senior year of college and the police academy.. This is the WORST TIME!! Yikes!!

Thanks guys!

Mike

·
Super Moderator
36,354 Posts
MSnook said:
Ok guys, turning a corner, my right rear tire hit a little gravel on acceleration, so it spun a little, and then POP! Truck is in drive, feels like neutral. It kicks back in but now if I coast, then accelerate softly, it will jerk into gear.. Turning corners, my rear end POPS POPS POPS POPS but more harshly when I have power while turning.. I messed something up BAD. Anyone know what that is from just the description?

Next questions.. I have the leveling kit, only on the front, then 315 tires. Should I be taking that off before I go to Nissan to get warranty work on whatever I just did?

Please let me know! Monday is when it has to go in... I start my senior year of college and the police academy.. This is the WORST TIME!! Yikes!!

Thanks guys!

Mike

Sounds like your rear differential is going out.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Basically, the leveling kit raises the front... It shouldn't really affect the rear diff. They have to prove the kit did something to cause the damage. The 35's could be tougher as they are more unsprung weight for the diff to deal with, but in truth, should NOT cause damage. Dealers may claim it, though.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Yep, your rear has gone bye bye.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts