Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so some of you know I had a 2004 CC and sold it last year b/c I freaked out over gas prices. Yes, STUPID! But, I'm getting my 1st promotion in November (hello 1st Lt!), so I've decided to ditch my car (yeah, another stupid move...upside down)

So, as I slowly begin to shop around for Titans again, I gotta ask you guys:

1. Should I return to Titan-land?
2. Do you constantly worry about gas prices, or do you just say "F--- it"
3. If you were in my shoes, would you get a Titan again?

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
matthews said:
Ok, so some of you know I had a 2004 CC and sold it last year b/c I freaked out over gas prices. Yes, STUPID! But, I'm getting my 1st promotion in November (hello 1st Lt!), so I've decided to ditch my car (yeah, another stupid move...upside down)

So, as I slowly begin to shop around for Titans again, I gotta ask you guys:

1. Should I return to Titan-land?
2. Do you constantly worry about gas prices, or do you just say "F--- it"
3. If you were in my shoes, would you get a Titan again?
Yes !!!!!
Yes !!!!!
Hell Yes !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Personally, I don't think I'd trade-in a car where I owed more than I could get in trade. But that's just my conservative nature.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BobNYC said:
Personally, I don't think I'd trade-in a car where I owed more than I could get in trade. But that's just my conservative nature.
Yeah I'm the same way, but my Titan itch is currently over-powering my wait-it-out itch

·
Registered
82 Posts
BobNYC said:
+1

I'd use the extra $ from your promotion to pay down your current car as much as possible. Once your car's residual equity is in the black, make your move. When I was younger I didn't heed my own advice, but I wised up as years have gone by. A couple of weeks ago I traded my car for my first Titan, I put nothing down other than my trade and I only had to finance $14,000.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
If I was worried about gas prices, I would have gotten an old 4 banger. lol..

Yes, you should return to Titan-land and grab an 07 or 08.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Probably better off waiting it out a bit, saving your money. It's only 36 months to O-3, so why not get your finances straight first. (coming from a guy who bought a Titan as a butter bar.) I'd love to have a new '08, but it just doesn't make sense with the deployment cycles like they are now.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
If gas prices made you sell your Titan before, maybe something more frugal is a better choice...like the car you have now. The money you'll lose on your upsidedown car load will be FAR more than any gas you may have saved in the swap. Down make the same mistake twice. I'd wait until you're a little better off.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
Your not getting that much more money as a 1st LT:bangit: I had the same problem, I got rid of my 06 Titan and bought a VW JETTA to save gas and car payment. Everytime I saw a Titan on the road I cried:crying: Now I make 3 times the money now and how I got out of my VW is my 23 year old stepdaughter wanted the car, traded her 2004 car which I bought her 3 years ago and bought a 2008 Titan. Now when I drive that BIG RED TRUCK women look at me and smile, when I drove the VW men looked at me and thought I was a chic:mad: I'm very happy with another Titan.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Be wise, wait until it is a non issue. It's not the most imortant thing. THe Army will move your stuff if needed. Wait a couple years. The 2009 or 2010 Diesel will be out then, and you'll have no regrets about buying that! Wait 4-6 months after it is introduced to be sure it is all OK. Great ride for a CPT! :)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Sammy Sandbag said:
Probably better off waiting it out a bit, saving your money. It's only 36 months to O-3, so why not get your finances straight first. (coming from a guy who bought a Titan as a butter bar.) I'd love to have a new '08, but it just doesn't make sense with the deployment cycles like they are now.
Good advice right there.I hate to see people get in over their heads.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I drive the Titan to work when the weather is really nasty. I ride my FJR all other times.

·
Registered
273 Posts
It really depends on needs and commute. Titans are great vehicles, but you can got a lot of different things that serve the same purpose, especially if gas is a concern. I have a 2 mile commute and my wife has a 4 banger, so we kinda share when needed. Thats nice. Army people don't have bills tho, so drive what you want.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I say get the titan...Hell...I'm only an E-6, but manage to have an unemployed wife, a two year old child, and two car payments while paying rent in SoCal..... I squeek by.....

As an "O"....you should have no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
TitanBlue said:
Be wise, wait until it is a non issue. It's not the most imortant thing. THe Army will move your stuff if needed. Wait a couple years. The 2009 or 2010 Diesel will be out then, and you'll have no regrets about buying that! Wait 4-6 months after it is introduced to be sure it is all OK. Great ride for a CPT! :)
The Army is gonna move my stuff? ****, that's gonna piss the Air Force off! :lookaroun

1 - 15 of 15 Posts