Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 04 titan has developed a habit of cutting off radomly while driving or even once at a stop light. It cranks right back up every time and might go a few miles or a week til it does it again. Its throwing these codes p0420,0430, and 1446 can the 1446 cause the other 2 and possibly be the reason for my truck to die. If anyone has any idea on the best approach to fixin my problem please help its drivin me crazy.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
The two codes arent likely caused by the 1446 code. My guess is, you have multiple problems. Probably need to diagnose and fix the evap code first, then figure out if you need new cats/manifolds (the 0420/0430 codes).

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Not sure. If you're having issues with the fuel system (of which the evap canister is a part) it may be possible. The 0420/0430 wouldn't cause the truck to stall at idle and not at higher rpms, though. You might test your fuel pressure, also, as it could be your fuel pump causing havoc in the fuel system. Not sure that would throw the 1446 code, but pressurized systems do funky things when one expected pressure is off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you imma take your advice and start with the evap issue and go from there. The way it just cuts off i figured it would be something electrical, also when it rains sometimes my b-lsd and abs light comes on. The truck only has 104000 miles on it wouldnt think both catylatic converters would be clogged already, could they?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Not likely clogged, but could have cracked exhaust manifolds which would cause your motor to run rich and ruin the cats. If that's the case, fix it soon or it will cause bigger problems.

If you're having other electrical issues, could be that. Check the wiring harness over the tailpipe right near the back of the muffler. That's a common rust-through point and the heat melts the harness causing all sorts of issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts