Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just traded my 04 cobra for an 08 lifted titan and would like your suggestions on a good intake exhaust set up. I want quality, but would like to spend as little as possible. Is cutting the stock exhaust and dumping it a bad idea? I am not really looking for gains in power. Just sound. As for intake, just best bang for the buck. Will I also have to tune the truck for the intake? Thanks for the help, tried to find the answers my self, wasn't having much luck.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well for exhaust get magnaflow part#12258 and dump it after muffler intake s&b or aem.
U will not need to get a tune after intake and exhaust only after installin headers!!!!!
For headers jba,stillen,or doug thorley and hand held tuners suck get uprev

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
For exhaust, you could start with a muffler swap. Like mentioned above, magnaflow is the best bang for the buck. Volant makes a good cai for pretty reasonable price.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
For exhaust, you could start with a muffler swap. Like mentioned above, magnaflow is the best bang for the buck. Volant makes a good cai for pretty reasonable price.
+3 You will be happy with a magnaflow. I just switched after 12 years of running flowmaster and I'll never go back. Magnaflow is great!!!! I run the S&B intake because I'm a FFV (flex fuel) truck.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I see magnaflow is the most popular, is what you guys are talking about only the muffler? And what intake should I get if it is not a flex fuel truck. At least it doesn't say it is...

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Ok, so I see magnaflow is the most popular, is what you guys are talking about only the muffler? And what intake should I get if it is not a flex fuel truck. At least it doesn't say it is...
Mine is flex fuel, but I didn't know it mattered for cai's.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
has anyone had the stock exhaust just cut and dumped? or is this a bad idea?

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Flex fuel is good for the S&B intake. If non-flex fuel, I would recommend and AEM, Injen, Nismo, or Volant....And yeah they are just talking about the swapping out your muffler with the Mag. The 07+ Titan has a good exhaust from the factory except for the OEM muffler. Just get you a Magnaflow 18" for mid level loud or 22" for louder than stock, but not real loud...And yeah there are a few guys who dump there exhaust. Just do it right after the muffler

·
Registered
1 Posts
Id go with some Race ready performance electric exhaust cutouts. Theyre life time warrantied and you can have the best of quiet and loud when you want it.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Flex fuel is good for the S&B intake. If non-flex fuel, I would recommend and AEM, Injen, Nismo, or Volant....And yeah they are just talking about the swapping out your muffler with the Mag. The 07+ Titan has a good exhaust from the factory except for the OEM muffler. Just get you a Magnaflow 18" for mid level loud or 22" for louder than stock, but not real loud...And yeah there are a few guys who dump there exhaust. Just do it right after the muffler
Listen to what this wise man says. :)

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
personally.. i like banks or borla.. the best.. but they are a little more expensive.. i also dont like flowmaster on the titan either.. on intake... i would go with what o-five cc said.. and again. no tune needed.... and i dont mean to step on anyones toes.. if you have either of those exhausts... they just are not my taste. lol

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
why is everyone saying magnaflow? personally in my opinion.. its my LEAST fav. on the titans.. but it is one of the cheaper ones...
Uh, because magnaflow is one of the best performing mufflers for any setup, not just the Titan. And like I said before, it's the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
personally i dont like the way they sound on the titans... my brother had one on his old tahoe.. and it sounded great.. but something about it on the titan.. just doesnt work for me.. but im going to say thing again before drama starts.. its just my opinion. and obviously. im out numbered. lol

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
personally.. i like banks or borla.. the best.. but they are a little more expensive
Yeah, but you are talking about a catback right? Please direct me to somewhere you can get a banks or borla anything for $100. Christ, my borla tip costed $130...just the tip! The catback is around a grand. Best bang for your buck is by far the maggy. And the banks catback kills your low end due to the 3" y-pipe. Anybody with an '07+ exhaust would probably keep the dual in rather than adding a crappy low-end killer banks pipe. The borla is a sweet system, and it is my favorite for sound, but the price is what kept me away. I did my magnaflow 14" swap and borla tip for around $250 installed. Sounds great IMO. And since he's an '08, the magnaflow muffler swap would perform much better than banks.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, so I have decided to put my money into more visual stuff at this point. (My first car that hasn't been mechanically modified heavily) But I am going to go with the muffler swap and have it dumped at the axle. I have heard good and bad things about the magnaflow. Aside from that, what are some good cost effective alternatives? Thank you guys, you have already helped me out quite a bit.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
is their a specific muffler?

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
14" is loud, 18" is pretty loud/medium, and the 22" is mellow from what I hear, as far as part numbers, I wouldn't know. You could always shoot Suddenurge a PM, I've seen him post the actual dimensions of the different mag mufflers several times.

You have a dual in/single out from the factory. So when you start looking at the mufflers, don't get surprised if all of them you see are single in/dual out, because you can just reverse them

1 - 20 of 24 Posts