Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of those tiny little wires broken on my ABS sensor, but not the side going to the wheel hub. The wire is on the side going up into the engine compartment. Is there and easy fix for this, or just a costly one? If anyone know anything please help.

I found the issue after my ABS, SLIP, and VDC OFF lights came on, and my 4wheel drive will not engage. I've read some posts on this sight, but it seems like everyone is dealing with bad sensors, or a broken wire on the wheel hub side of the sensor.

LOST and in need of help. ( Pic attached )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Well, there may be a chance that you can pull that connector apart and re-pin the wire. Otherwise, I think you're looking at buying a new connector, or a new section of that wiring harness that already has the connector, which would allow you to just slave it in. Get with the dealer and have them pull this wiring harness up on their IPB and discuss what your options are. Which wheel are we talking about here, driver's or passenger?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Somebody was saying I could just splice the connector out all together... don't know how true that is... but would help, as I need some more slack due to the lift.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Based on the pick you posted, the section of wiring harness that is damaged is the piece that comes from out of the engine bay and connects the wheel sensor itself, correct?

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Somebody was saying I could just splice the connector out all together... don't know how true that is... but would help, as I need some more slack due to the lift.
Well, yeah, you could do that; however, if you ever have a sensor go bad you will have to cut and splice the new one in as well. And, these ABS sensors tend to go bad. I would try for a more permanent fix, one that doesn't require future jerry rigging. Go to the Nissan parts department and have them pull the wiring diagrams up on there pc. See if you can buy a new section of that harness that slaves into that wheel sensor. If that falls through, see if you can buy a new male/female connector and then install that instead.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah your probably right about finding a more permanent fix. I appriciate the advice big time. Im sure i will be frequenting this site often.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Yeah your probably right about finding a more permanent fix. I appriciate the advice big time. Im sure i will be frequenting this site often.
FYI: I found an old thread where the OP was experiencing the very same issue. Apparently, Nissan does not make/sell connectors, or a replacement section of wire harness, only a new complete harness, which I'm sure they want bookoo bucks for. As a result, said individual ended up just doing a straight up splice by cutting out the connector alltogether (as you suggested). Everything worked "as advertised" after the repair, including his 4 wheel drive. With that said, I would try some aftermarket connectors, then wrap them in some electrical tape...see below.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one of those tiny little wires broken on my ABS sensor, but not the side going to the wheel hub. The wire is on the side going up into the engine compartment. Is there and easy fix for this, or just a costly one? If anyone know anything please help.

I found the issue after my ABS, SLIP, and VDC OFF lights came on, and my 4wheel drive will not engage. I've read some posts on this sight, but it seems like everyone is dealing with bad sensors, or a broken wire on the wheel hub side of the sensor.

For anyone having this issue no 4x4 because of abs/slip light on;
I'm having a similar issue with the abs & slip light on. I believe mine is do to heavy-duty rust. If you find yourself in need of 4x4 before you get it fixed, I figured out that if I engaged the 4x4 with the engine off and then crunk it up, the 4x4 will engage. It then works perfectly normal until you need to go back to 2x4. It won't change on the fly.
It's a temporary solution in case you need 4x4. I hope it works for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Unfortunately this is one weak spot of the Titan .You can use any 2 pin jobber connectors to repair but the locking water proof type are the best .
Similar to these

1 - 11 of 11 Posts