Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2006 Titan with a blown motor. I replaced the motor with one that had 180,000 miles on it. I am not sure how long the motor sat in the warehouse. Runs great except for the white smoke. I replaced the pvc valves (from auto zone), replaced valve cover gaskets (I used the same valve covers because they were really clean actually. I did spray them down with brake cleaner). I am NOT burning oil or losing any water. I thought maybe a blown head gasket so I treated the motor with Bars head gasket repair and still white smoke. It smokes at start up and after idling for about 2 minutes or so...any ideas????

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Should have changed to new valve covers when you had them off. The baffles clog (even if you can't see it). But before I went back in and did that, I'd start with a compression test (to rule out rings) and a leakdown test (to rule out valve stem seals).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.