Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I need advice from anyone who will give it. I have a 2005 4x4 with 97000 miles and all of a sudden the 4 wheel stopped working, but sometimes randomly it will decide to work. All I can say is in 2 wheel the drivers side rear tire does not have power in drive but in reverse it does. when trying to engage the 4 wheel the transmission and front tire lights blink rather than stay light as they should, and the front wheels do not even attempt to move. When the 4wheel decides to work all but the drivers side rear wheel rotate in drive and in reverse all but the passenger side tire rotate. I know sounds messed I honestly dont have a fricken clue, I checked everything I could and everything seems fine. I was told it could be an actuator or something similar the could be iced up or just busted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Babo

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
It is very normal for the driver's side to not have the power. The open differential that we have on our Titans sends power to the passenger side tire.

·
Premium Member
4,160 Posts
I would guess That its the transfer case causing your problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Any chance your ABS & B-LSD lights are on? This happened last week to me. When these lights come on the computer will not allow the truck to go into
4X4!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
could also be the vacuum actuator that locks the front diff in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts