Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ALL,

About to do my first transmission service at 58,000. I have towed only 1 time in my truck....I own a 2008(.5) Crew Cab Long Bed with Tow Package. Other than that tow (this past December) driving has been "normal". I am taking it to a nearby Nissan Dealer that has a great reputation in its service department. I am doing a complete flush (fluid exchange) of the tranny. I have kept up on other engine services....oil change, air filter, new tires, etc.

Question - While I realize not a lot I can do about it now I am wondering if I have waited to long to do anything for the tranny? Or should I be "ok" at 58,000? I have not noticed any transmission problems to date.

Also, just bought a new 2011 Aljo 268 travel trailer which is what led me to doing this service before I begin towing 6-8 times per year. I pick up the trailer this Saturday......tranny service scheduled for tomorrow morning.

Thanks for any input you can provide and any tips for me moving forward!!! Thanks again... :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well....got the flush or 'fluid exchange' as the dealer described it! Also, did a check of my tranny fluid and all looked good after 58,000 miles. They did not use a power flush nor a BG machine as they are very aware of Nissans warnings about aftermarket flush machines (Although I do realize BG works fine). They use another technique that I am failing to remember right now. I am dropping truck off tomorrow for a power steering hose leak they found (to be covered by my extended warranty thank goodness) and changing the fluid in the rear differential. I will ask what system they used to "flush" the tranny and post what it was. I do know it was a complete "flush" as 12 or so quarts were used in the process to refill.

Performance Nissan in Duarte, CA by the way.....great reputation for their service and why I went there!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have an Aljo 250LT... Enjoy! Dealer did my tranny "drain & fill" at 30k. Now at 55k. No worries

1 - 5 of 5 Posts