Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my endlinks a couple months ago and don't want to mess with them if I don't have to. Can I swap out the bushings one at a time or does the swaybar need to come off to get the bushings on?
I purchased the prothane bushings if that matters....

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,572 Posts
i looked at mine last time i was under there. It looks like you should be able to do one at a time. You will need i think a 17mm deep well socket. preferably a 1/2 drive , 3in extension and a breaker bar. Those things are ON THERE.

The bushing is split so you can slip it over the bar. and the clamp is just like a pipe clamp. looks pretty easy. I just greased mine for now.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.
Everything that I think is gonna be easy never is with my truck.
Every freakin bolt is seized on. I couldn't even get the sparkplug boots off cause the bolts were rusted on. I don't know what kind of chemicals their using nowadays when they salt the roads but the bottom of my Titan looks like its an 84 instead of an 04

·
Premium Member
17,203 Posts
Grease the prothane bushings profusely or they will squeak. I think prothane provides a tiny packet of Teflon grease. I used Super Lube Teflon grease from a tub. I dunno about one at a time, but yes, you can do it without disconnecting the endlinks, but make sure you get the sway bar flipped back up in the correct position before bolting up the bushing brackets. Torque = 94 ft-lbs on the bushing bracket bolts.

·
Premium Member
17,203 Posts
Thanks.
Everything that I think is gonna be easy never is with my truck.
Every freakin bolt is seized on. I couldn't even get the sparkplug boots off cause the bolts were rusted on. I don't know what kind of chemicals their using nowadays when they salt the roads but the bottom of my Titan looks like its an 84 instead of an 04
Probably good old fashioned salt. They use mag chloride in Colorado and it isn't as bad, although it will spot up the chrome. You really need a good (not a cheapo) impact wrench to work on this truck or you will be pissed off most of the time. If you don't want to mess with a compressor and an IR pneumatic, the Snap On battery operated wrench is supposed to be pretty good. Also Aero Kroil is the best penetrating oil I have ever used. ATF + acetone mixed 50/50 is supposed to be very good, but acetone is a paint remover and is highly flammable.

2 cans for $12 shipped: Offer code - LATE

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably good old fashioned salt. They use mag chloride in Colorado and it isn't as bad, although it will spot up the chrome. You really need a good (not a cheapo) impact wrench to work on this truck or you will be pissed off most of the time. If you don't want to mess with a compressor and an IR pneumatic, the Snap On battery operated wrench is supposed to be pretty good. Also Aero Kroil is the best penetrating oil I have ever used. ATF + acetone mixed 50/50 is supposed to be very good, but acetone is a paint remover and is highly flammable.

2 cans for $12 shipped: Offer code - LATE
Just Ordered 2 cans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts