Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About 2 months ago I put new UCA's on my 05 Titan. Everything was fine till yesterday when I went over a speed about 5mph and now I get loud squeak. It sounds like tight rubber squeaking.

I'm thinking its the bushing or whatever in the bolt holes of the UCA, but why would they make that noise?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
About 2 months ago I put new UCA on on 05 Titan. Everything was fine till yesterday when I went over a speed about 5mph and now I get loud squeak. It sounds like tight rubber squeaking.

I'm thinking its the bushing or whatever in the bolt holes of the UCA, but why would they make that noise?
what uca did you put on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bought stock OEM UCA's.
FYI this is the second pair I bought because I found out the original ones I bought where bad and could break under pressure. So I opted for stock UCA's.

Also have the Bilsteins 5100's and a 1" level kit that was put on back in November.

I had this squeaking problem prior to the Bilsteins 5100's being put on, but hardly noticable. Now it seems to be getting louder and and more constant with ever bump I go over.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Check your sway bar bushing because I've been trying to chase down my squeaking noise for a month now that I thought was my uca. I decided to spray them down yesterday while I was already under the truck and now no more squeak. It may not be your problem but its just a thought.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
what perch are your 5100 set to. i would agree it could be your end links or bushings.

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
Make sure the bolts for the UCAs are tight.
Yes, but don't exceed the torque values. A little sylicone spray will work wonders

1 - 8 of 8 Posts