Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Attention all car stereo enthusiasts:

I'm about as new as it comes to car stereo equipment, specs, installation, terminology, and know how. So I thought I'd reach out to my fellow TT members to help me get the most bang for my buck. Please help me build a mid-range car stereo system that will fit my budget and needs. I'm a metal junkie so anything that will make Pantera, Lamb of God, Job for a Cowboy, Slayer etc. sound good, will do. I also occasionally listen to dub step...:ftard: wha?...I know..Anyways I would like to get all my parts: speakers, sub, amp, box and accessories for under $700, minus labor charges of course.

So, can anyone here help me put together a quality system for under 7 bills? I drive an 07 Titan SE KC without the Rockford Fosgate system if that matters.

Thanks alot!!

·
Registered
745 Posts
good luck...$700 would be lucky to get you a new head unit and door speakers. Let alone apm, subs, box, and wiring for it all.

Reactions: \\Tight'n\\

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I'm probably dreaming, just shows my lack of knowledge. I guess my goal is to get at least a decent system without spending too much on one thing and not enough on another. Feel free to post a set-up that exceeds my budget but doesnt go overboard...I need to at least find a temporary solution to the stock system.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
From my experience with dealing with this stuff, do it all at once. Subs, speakers, and amps and get it done right the first time. With labor and parts you should expect to spend 1500-2k. James (tech12volt) is a site sponsor and will get you a good deal on an entire package with everything you need. He will build your box, test all the equipment for you and everything. I wish I would have been told this when I started my stereo. Also IMO, if you put in subs, put in speakers and run the speakers off an amp. Best of luck to you. 1 more thing, you don't have to get a new headunit, it is better, but you can get a line out converter. That allows you to run everything off your stock deck. I have run all my equipment through it and It sounds great. If the world wasn't full of thiefs I would get a nice aftermarket deck, but I already got one taken and won't let that happen again.

·
Registered
173 Posts
well.....I just recently installed my Pioneer avhp4200 dvd player, Metra dash kit, PAC steering wheel interface and Alpine Type R 6.5 componet sets, for about $460

Head unit $330 from Amazon free shipping

PAC SWI-PS $19.99 from local stero shop

Metra dash kit $20 from local stereo shop

wiring harness $10 from local stereo shop

Alpine Type R 6.5 2 way components $80 new from Ultimate electronics remodeling sale!

How??? well when I used to install car audio, we would sometimes get customers that wanted their stock radios back in to sell/trade car off and let us keep dash kits/harnesses etc... so I just went and asked for the used stuff and picked the best of each, My Metra kit looks brand new!!! I have all the tools, even had some mdf left over for speaker rings, no charge in labor.
:teethmast

·
Registered
156 Posts
u can get a system for 700 now its not gonna be the best of the best but its gonna be good for what u want how far are u from galveston tx? i can get what u need from my boys shop down here he has pretty good prices and really good work well let me know just pm me if u wanna hook up

·
Registered
156 Posts
ok nevermind on hooking up your like 4hrs away so just go to your local and tell them what u want and need aske them what speakers amps subs there gonna give u write all of it down and go home look them up to see if its ne good u have 6x9's in front doors and 6.5's in rear just to let u know u might want to buy a amps to push the doors or u can use the radio it will do just fine also u want some subs either one or two its all up to u then an amp to push the subs if your gonna use the factory radio u need a "loc" line out conveter which that makes it where u can hookup the rca's from the amps to the radio plus amp instatillion kit thats about it

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well you always need a $500 head unit. DO you want DVD at all or just a good unit?

Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD (avhp3100dvd) - DVD Player with a Monitor - Sonic Electronix
If you do this one is great, I want it.

I dont know too much but the stock speakers are still good with just subs.
That head unit was listed at $259.00, did you know the price dropped!? I will keep my eye on that for sure. I didnt have plans for DVD player but if it come with the package I wont complain :thumbsup: Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok nevermind on hooking up your like 4hrs away so just go to your local and tell them what u want and need aske them what speakers amps subs there gonna give u write all of it down and go home look them up to see if its ne good u have 6x9's in front doors and 6.5's in rear just to let u know u might want to buy a amps to push the doors or u can use the radio it will do just fine also u want some subs either one or two its all up to u then an amp to push the subs if your gonna use the factory radio u need a "loc" line out conveter which that makes it where u can hookup the rca's from the amps to the radio plus amp instatillion kit thats about it
I have one a block away from my house, I was hoping to get a brand or two in mind before I let them sell me something I find out later is not that great. The shops around here are very small and privately owned, so I don't think they will have a big selection but they might be able to special order equipment for me if I nail down a setup.

Do you have links to some of the stuff you mentioned so I don't feel stupid when I walk in there? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well.....I just recently installed my Pioneer avhp4200 dvd player, Metra dash kit, PAC steering wheel interface and Alpine Type R 6.5 componet sets, for about $460

Head unit $330 from Amazon free shipping

PAC SWI-PS $19.99 from local stero shop

Metra dash kit $20 from local stereo shop

wiring harness $10 from local stereo shop

Alpine Type R 6.5 2 way components $80 new from Ultimate electronics remodeling sale!

How??? well when I used to install car audio, we would sometimes get customers that wanted their stock radios back in to sell/trade car off and let us keep dash kits/harnesses etc... so I just went and asked for the used stuff and picked the best of each, My Metra kit looks brand new!!! I have all the tools, even had some mdf left over for speaker rings, no charge in labor.
:teethmast
Nice and cograts! I wish I had friends in the car stereo biz...:crying:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice and cograts! I wish I had friends in the car stereo biz...:crying:
most of the stereo shops here get "used" stuff all the time yours might too, why buy a new wiring harness when u can get a used one for less, your not going to see it.:)

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
That head unit was listed at $259.00, did you know the price dropped!? I will keep my eye on that for sure. I didnt have plans for DVD player but if it come with the package I wont complain :thumbsup: Thanks for the link!
holy $hit I was being a bit of a smart a$$ about thats cuz everyone thinks if its not big bucks it not good. I do really want it and for $260 I am getting it!!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
u can go with kicker cvr's 10" for your subs or if there to much money for u then go with kicker comps there alright the amps u have a whole lot to choose from they all will do what u want them to do for the metal music u listen to the door speakers i cant really say cause the music i listen to is totaly different i would go to your local best buy and listen to all there speakers and see which ones u like just dont buy it from them "rip off" i like infinty there pretty good boston acoustic,alpine, r good u can go with a cheaper brand like kenwood, sony, some of those are pretty good also

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD (avhp3100dvd) - DVD Player with a Monitor - Sonic Electronix
$259.00

Kicker CompVR 07CVR104 10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
2 @ $56.95=$113.90

We're getting some where. Anyone got a link for a good amp to pair with the kicker subs?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Aight man, I got you. Listen to the guy that said you don't need a new head unit, because you don't. I have this: * Peripheral Pch8 8ch Summing Loc W/Sub Level & Auto Turn-On - PERIPHERAL - PCH8 and it works great at giving clean audio signals to your speakers, and it has a bass knob so I can surprise my passengers. This is also handy because it makes your truck less of a target for somebody lookin' to yank a head unit; that's why I went with this (trucks been broken into before).

Door Speakers: Alpine Type S components will do fine for the budget minded at $135 a set, and Boston Acoustics for a step above with many sets under $200.

Subwoofers: I have Tech12Volt's ported enclosure with 2 10" RE Audio SR's and I wouldn't buy from anybody else after hearin' all my buddies systems. Call him and see what he can offer you, it's gonna be worth it. If your budget allows for him to build something for you, buy this first and go from there. If not, post up later and I'll try to help you.

Amplifiers: This is the tricky part. I will tell you that proper amps are important and a necessity because of the clarity and power they give the speakers, but that's your call. You gotta have one for the subs but ask James if he knows of a multi-channel that could run your door speakers too, which would save you some money.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i dont know how to post web links so go to amazon type in. Kenwood Kac-8105D 1000-Watt Class D Mono Amplifier $ 105

thats a decent one for your price range for the subs and for your highs use this one

Alpine MRP-F300 - Amplifier - V-Power - 4-channel $113

also u need these: DB Link PK4Z 4 Gauge Power Series Amplifier Installation Kit
$30
but your local shop should have one now this stiff if just an option u can go either cheaper or alot more money its all up to u just what u prefer now all that is a total of 248 so thats 620.90 now all u need is door speakers
front for a cheap pair that is gonna be alright for u can go with these

Alpine Type-S SPS-609 - Car speaker - 85 Watt - 3-way - coaxial - 6" x 9"

rear

Alpine SPS-600 - Car speaker - 80 Watt - 2-way - coaxial - 6.5" $87.00

now all that is 779.88 plus tax and shipping or u can drop off the head unit and save u some money so thats the bang for u buck good luck bro

1 - 20 of 22 Posts