Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really appreciate any help on this, I had a very blonde moment! I just got my 2006 Titan LE a couple of days ago. I just bought a big trashcan and had to shove the rigid tonneau cover pretty hard over it to lock it. Big mistake! I didn't even look underneath at the locking mechanism to see how it works, and now the trashcan seems to have pressed up against it, preventing me from unlocking it. It is a matching Snug Lid SL with a big key that has a button on it that you press and it unlocks, without twisting the key. It wants to unlock and I hear it trying to work but I shoved it down pretty hard right over the trashcan. Am I SOL or does anybody know how to deal with this? Any help would be so appreciated!
Thanks,
Heather :bangit:

·
Premium Member
15,664 Posts
I would say sit on the edge of it to take the pressure off the lock.

·
Super Moderator
160,983 Posts
Tried it with the key? Pushing down on it as much as you can to unbind it?

I dunno. I tried searching for pics of exactly how that locking mechanism works, but pics of it seem to be scarce.

·
Super Moderator
160,983 Posts
You have any relatives down here? Not a common last name at all, but it's that of a long time friend of my folks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, I'm not sure. Most of my family is in Arizona, I rebelled and am up in the snow in Oregon right now!

·
Super Moderator
160,983 Posts
Oregon is beautiful country. What part are you in? I have some ex in-laws in the Portland area. Medford and Clackamas, too. Went to all of those while they were still the in-laws. I loved Clackamas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts