Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a 7 and 4 prong convertor on the back of bumper and hooked it into the wire harness. This Titan is an SE with an aftermarked hitch, and no towing package. I bought a 4 prong breaker from Nissan today, but I cannot find anywhere to plug it in the towing fuse box. Do I:

A. Pull one of the other blue ones, and replace it?
B. Do I not need the breaker because it is already there?
C. Get the brown 6 prong and install that one since that one is pretty obvious as to where it goes.

I hooked my truck to the trailer, and it still does not get lights to the trailer. I have been told that I need 2 breakers, but one is something Nissan did not have in stock, and of course, it's probably the one I need! HELP!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Trailer relay 1 provides tail/running lights to the trailer. Relay 2 supplys a 12 volt source to the trailer (you need this relay if you tow a travel trailer and need 12 v power to the trailer). If all you need is lights for the trailer you don't need relay 2. Look at attached drawing for location of relays.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scr38 said:
Trailer relay 1 provides tail/running lights to the trailer. Relay 2 supplys a 12 volt source to the trailer (you need this relay if you tow a travel trailer and need 12 v power to the trailer). If all you need is lights for the trailer you don't need relay 2. Look at attached drawing for location of relays.
Thanks for the diagram. This proves one point that I need to confirm. I already have a relay in the spot marked trailer tow relay 1. Do I replace it with my new relay?

·
Registered
167 Posts
My light wouldn't work on my boat trailer. The dealer said that there must have been moisture in the conector and it blew a fuse. THey replaced it and it works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
big tow recall

dealer claims if trailer is wired improperly,Titan can catch on fire.recall is a sub harness replacment. (.4 tenths replacement time).Is there a fuse/breaker added on in the new harness? I couln't find one ,dealer service advisor didn't know(techs all went home for the day).I tow a 27' camper in some remote hunting areas and don't like surprises(like a wiring fire in february) My trailers all are wired to code but I do tow friends' trailers on occasion.Any info will appreciated!!!
:cheers: the bodypaintr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts