Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Towing to the race track this weekend I realized my running lights stopped working. The brake lights and both turn signals work just fine, but when I turn on the truck's headlights the trailer running lights don't turn on.

Under the hood in the rear-most fuse panel I see 4-5 fuses labeled towing in some generic manner, but didn't have the time to fish it out and pull any of the fuses to check one by one; they're hard to get to.

Can anyone help me pinpoint which fuse would do this? Or if it's even a fuse at all and not some other known issue?

Many Thanks,

Brian

EDIT - My trailer has brakes and I have a brake controller installed so I have the 3 relays underhood.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Should be fuse #32, 10 amps....I've attached a wiring diagram...(on Fig. 2)

Attachments

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

·
Registered
32 Posts
If yours is like my 05 Titan or 11 Armada, when you are looking in the rear fuse box, there is a panel that looks like it is the back of the box. It sets up rather than lays down. It is actually a panel that comes out. It has clips on the side similar to the top.
Once out, you can pinpoint the exact fuse and check without even removing if you have a simple tester.
I had the same issue with my Armada and the bad fuse was on that panel.

·
Registered
390 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep that's the one it was... do our trucks have spare fuses in the fuse block? Luckily my Corvette does so I was able to grab a spare 10 off of it and swap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Armada that came without the tow package. I installed the hitch and electronic brake controller to tow my 30ft travel trailer. I recently just bought an enclosed trailer with a 4 way harness that I just put new LED lights on the back of. When I finished the install I tested the running lights, brake lights, and blinkers and all of them worked. I noticed that the side marker lights weren't hooked up so i popped off the lenses and connected them. I didn't test them after that because I figured everything was good to go. The next morning i noticed that the only lights that worked were the brake lights and the blinkers. After reading through this thread I tried swapping the blinker relays with the one under my dash (all checked good), I checked all of the fuses and found F4 was blown (it was a 10amp so I changed it out) on the part of the fuse box under the hood that appears to be standing upright. Still no running lights. I then ran an external wire with just my new tail lights hooked up (not my side marker lights) and they still don't turn on. I verified that the lights are good by running the constant wire to the blinker and there is no issue with either light. I have all 3 relays under the hood (2 blue 1 brown) and the blue relay under that dash. The only relay I haven't tried replacing is the brown one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts