Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Nissan titan crew cab SE, it’s all stock right now and it’s time to replace the factory tires. I want to put a lift kit (3-6") and a set of 20" XD Rockstar rims and TOYO open country MT 35". I'm not sure if that will be the right combo or not. I'll been trying to do some research on the sizes and prices, but I don’t know where to start. I have never done anything like this before. If anyone can help me find a good company to work with on this project or if you have any pictures of a Nissan that has a kit like what I'm trying to do, please post them so I can get a better understanding of what it is going to look like when I'm finished.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
PRG is where u need to get ur lift from!!! and Eddie Fonzareli has 20" Rockstars on I think 37" Open Countrys look him up; but im not sure the tire/wheel combo will fit on your truck! it all depends on the lift u get

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
before you go spending 180 on a prg leveling kit go check out NCD....same product as PRG but for half the price....$72, 2" or a 2.5" shipped to your door...its what i have on my truck and its the same billet spacer as PRG

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
before you go spending 180 on a prg leveling kit go check out NCD....same product as PRG but for half the price....$72, 2" or a 2.5" shipped to your door...its what i have on my truck and its the same billet spacer as PRG
if he is gonna be putting 35s on his T, he is gonna need something a little more bigger than a leveling kit!!! the spingle lift package from PRG would be a good thing to get it would clear 35s I would think

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
KOB484 ... 2wd or 4x4 Titan is an important detail since only the 2wd can use the PRG 4" spindle lift.
With a level kit and trimming you can fit 35's with stock rims, but because of the aftermarket rims' wider width and their usual smaller backspacing, they require a larger lift or more cutting for the same tire.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
see that would be my next question to the lifted titan owners. my 08 LE had stock 33" tires. u would think putting a 2.5 or a 3" leveling kit 35's would clear ive never thought about putting 35's on unless i got at least a 6" lift but i believe ive seen in this exact site someone with 35's with only a 1.5 spacer? not saying ya or nay on KOB484's post and i didnt read the 35" tire part thats why i suggested NCD for a leveling kit...there are hundreds of companies who make lifts for titans....i think if i was to buy one i would go wth CST or Pro Comp....ive heard very high ratings from hundreds of people who own them and swear buy them....someday when i get the funds i suppose...till then ill just stick with my measily 2.5 spacer and 1.5 lift blocks :)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
see that would be my next question to the lifted titan owners. my 08 LE had stock 33" tires. u would think putting a 2.5 or a 3" leveling kit 35's would clear ive never thought about putting 35's on unless i got at least a 6" lift but i believe ive seen in this exact site someone with 35's with only a 1.5 spacer? not saying ya or nay on KOB484's post and i didnt read the 35" tire part thats why i suggested NCD for a leveling kit...there are hundreds of companies who make lifts for titans....i think if i was to buy one i would go wth CST or Pro Comp....ive heard very high ratings from hundreds of people who own them and swear buy them....someday when i get the funds i suppose...till then ill just stick with my measily 2.5 spacer and 1.5 lift blocks :)
there is a member on here that does have a leveling kit on his 4x4 titan and he has 35s on his stock wheels but he did the PWM to clear them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all the replies, my Nissan Titan is a 2 wheel drive SE model. So what size lift kit do I need to make sure the 35's with the 20" rims will not have any problems with clearing?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
kob484 is it more of a money thing your looking at here or do you not want to lift lift your truck? theres not too many lifts out there that i have seen for the titan as a 3 or 4 inch lift. its either a leveling kit or an all out 6-8" lift. like norcal mentioned earlier it has to do with the aftermarket rim and its backspacing and offset. there is a guy on here who has 35" toyo mt's with stock rims on his titan with only a prg mini lift. and all that is a 2.5 spacer up front and a 1.5 block in the rear. there are other ways to get that extra inch up front cause thats really all u need is to clear the fronts the back will have plenty of room. you could go out and buy new i wanna say bilstein coilovers somebody correct me if im wrong on that one and i believe they are adjustable and will give you and additional 1" so you would get 3.5" upfront with the 2.5 spacer and coilover. but that is pricey. cst makes a 4" spindle lift on performancelifts.com but ur lookin at $820...i mean if you really think about it money wise ur pretty much almost at the price of a 2wd lift anyways, you might as well throw in the extra couple hundred and just go up another inch or two, just my opinion. i honestly wouldnt even put 35's on my truck without at least a 6" i just think it looks beefier and has a better stance if you do it right, but again just my opinion, go look around online at pics and see what route you wanna go down, go check out cardomain.com theres hundreds of badass titans on there, it will give you an idea of what it could or would look like then swing back here and let us know what you think.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey RoyJl42, It’s not the money factor I just was not sure on how high of a lift kit I needed for everything to fit and look good on the truck. After doing some more research I'm thinking a 6" lift kit with a set of 35" and the 20" rims will look the best. I saw some great looking titans on cardomain.com. What company should I deal with on getting the 6" lift kit from? Can I do it myself or should it be done by a shop?

Thank you for all the help!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hey RoyJl42, It’s not the money factor I just was not sure on how high of a lift kit I needed for everything to fit and look good on the truck. After doing some more research I'm thinking a 6" lift kit with a set of 35" and the 20" rims will look the best. I saw some great looking titans on cardomain.com. What company should I deal with on getting the 6" lift kit from? Can I do it myself or should it be done by a shop?

Thank you for all the help!
My advice, and exactly what I'm doing is to purchase this 6" CST Spindle kit from PRG: PRG Products

If you have a garage and a bit of know-how (or just know how to research, everything you need is on this forum) you can install it yourself.

Personally I live in an apartment and I found a reputable shop to do the install for $360 :redblob"

Make sure you check the backspacing / tire width before you purchase as some of them can rub the CST spindle.

Someone like NorCal is VERY helpful with questions about rims/tires.

Good luck with your install and welcome to TT!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
u could easily install it yourself if you have any mechanical knowledge and a day or two if you really wanna take your time lay it all out and do it right the first time. of course someone who has done it before it will take them a couple hrs, but if youve never done it before you wanna do it right and not mess anything up. look around online and read up on some of the products available. narrow it down to a couple that your willing to pay for and come back on here and list them up and im sure someone has the exact same thing on theres and could say yes or no on if you should do it to yours

1 - 14 of 14 Posts