Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I got the left side all buttoned up and working, so no more questions about that side. Boy howdy, the motor mounting bolt nearest the frame rail is so much fun!!

Now, on to the right side, thinking, hey this'll go fine as the second usually goes faster than the first. I get the replacement motor bracket mounted (the replacements from Amp Research have 5 holes as they should, not just 3 like the ones in my kit, pics of that later so you know what to check for). I'm running into interference between the motor and the body mount on the frame rail. I pulled the bracket off and made sure I had it mounted the only way that would use both the factory tapped hole and the factory stud. What am I missing here?

From what I can see, there's not a left and right motor, and the brackets don't seem to be specific either. I managed to miss Amp Research by about 3 minutes this evening. This is on an '07 KC LE 2WD.

Thanks,
Troy

Attachments

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Hi all, I got the left side all buttoned and working, so no more questions about that side. Boy howdy, the motor mounting bolt nearest the frame rail is so much fun!!

Now, on to the right side, thinking, hey this'll go fine as the second usually goes faster than the first. I get the replacement motor bracket mounted (the replacements from Amp Research have 5 holes as they should, not just 3 like the ones in my kit, pics of that later so you know what to check for). I'm running into interference between the motor and the body mount on the frame rail. I pulled the bracket off and made sure I had it mounted the only way that would use both the factory tapped hole and the factory stud. What am I missing here?

From what I can see, there's not a left and right motor, and the brackets don't seem to be specific either. I managed to miss Amp Research by about 3 minutes this evening. This is on an '07 KC LE 2WD.

Thanks,
Troy
Are you having trouble with the passenger side? any better pics?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, passenger side, rear mount. I've already tied up the wires, pulled the step and the rear bracket so I could move the truck out of the way to get our car off the street. So no better pics, that was the best of the ones I shot laying under the truck. I had pulled the rear bracket off just to make sure it only mounted one way and also to check if there were any alternative positions for the motor bracket.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If that's your passenger side, it does look different. Does your RH/passenger side motor face forward or mount 'aft' of the bracket towards the rear? My kit has the LH/driver motor pointing forward, the sprocket the motor gear inserts into is on the front side. On the passenger side, that sprocket points towards the rear. Which I noticed when I installed but didn't realize the clearance issue until I tried to install the motor today. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
If that's your passenger side, it does look different. Does your RH/passenger side motor face forward or mount 'aft' of the bracket towards the rear? My kit has the LH/driver motor pointing forward, the sprocket the motor gear inserts into is on the front side. On the passenger side, that sprocket points towards the rear. Which I noticed when I installed but didn't realize the clearance issue until I tried to install the motor today. Thanks for the pics.
You are correct. The passenger mounts after the bracket towards the rear and the drivers faces the frt before the bracket. what do you mean " between motor and body mount" so I know exactly where your having trouble.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine's an '07 KC. I'll hang the bracket tomorrow and try to get a better shot. What I meant was the mounting tab on the motor nearest the frame rail won't 'seat' on the motor bracket due to the cab body mount on the frame rail. Or the plate on the motor that the black cover rivets pop into and the cab body mount don't have clearance. I know, pictures needed. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts