Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Titan sv 4wd...........So I installed a 2in “level” spacer and still like 1.5 inches from being level. I have bilstein 5100 adjustable struts on stock hight currently. Should I swap it to the 2in setting and just get new upper controller arms and sways bar end links? Would that be doable?
I also noticed when I put the bilstein struts on the Truck got lower in the front so that’s when I bought the 2 inch leveling spacer and installed it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
So sounds like if you raise the bilsteins to 2 inches with the 2 in leveling kit you would be at about 4 inches.
So with new control arms you would avoid most CBC but it will throw your camber/caster way out of spec,
and I think for the 2010 you will need adjustable camber bolts to correct this.

Here is a link: Nissan Lower Control Arm Cam Bolts

·
Registered
12 Posts
  1. It's probably due for new springs. At 10 years old you'd be surprised how much sag there is in them. New Moog springs aren't terribly expensive and will give you original ride quality & height back. When I bought my '12 I did this last year with the 5100s at stock height & a 2 1/2" lift spacer. I ended up with nearly 4 1/2" of lift. I did put aftermarket CA's on & it did need the new cam bolts & PRG links. With the pinch weld mod I snuck 35's under it & it rides better than most trucks out there even with mudders on it. I'm pretty close to the bottom of the down travel, but I can go anywhere I need to go with it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It's probably due for new springs. At 10 years old you'd be surprised how much sag there is in them. New Moog springs aren't terribly expensive and will give you original ride quality & height back. When I bought my '12 I did this last year with the 5100s at stock height & a 2 1/2" lift spacer. I ended up with nearly 4 1/2" of lift. I did put aftermarket CA's on & it did need the new cam bolts & PRG links. With the pinch weld mod I snuck 35's under it & it rides better than most trucks out there even with murders on it. I'm pretty close to the bottom of the down travel, but I can go anywhere I need to go with it.
Do you have a pic of your truck?? What setting do you have bilsteins on, the bottom?
I ask because I will be putting 35's on my truck soon and have done the PWM and hoping I can squeeze them in.
Are you on stock wheels, do the tires clear the frame??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here's a pic of it right now sitting in the driveway and one at tg he top of a mountain retrieving an elk in November in about a foot of snow. Like I said, I can go just about anywhere I'd want in this thing. I have the Bilsteins at the stock setting. The middle rode way rougher than I wanted, and with the spacer put it riding at full travel. The top setting didn't give quite enough lift, and with the spacer couldn't even be installed. These are aftermarket 18x9 wheels with a -12 offset, so they sit out about 1 1/4" from stock. At full lock I get a little rub still only when I'm backing up. I'll live with it. I also added a 2" spacer to the back. I did put aftermarket UCA's on, and had to grind the coil bucket just a bit for extra down travel. A little bit of work, but a whole lot less than a full bracket lift. I also didn't want to go 5 or 6 inches.
20200410_152521.jpg
20191130_160916.jpg
20200410_152521.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, somehow I got the one picture twice, but that's it. 2012 Pro 4x. 125000 miles. New front springs about 12000 miles ago last year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That’s a sick rig man!! I’ll see about the springs when I get a chance! But already got uca installed on with just the 2 in spacer and its still got plenty of travel! The front of my truck sits at 39 inches and the back sits at 41 inches. Maybe there was new leaf springs installed before I bought?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. I'm happy with it so far. The Moog springs are $94 for the pair on Rockauto. Plus shipping & now tax if applicable. You'd be surprised how much they'd probably bring it up. I haven't measured mine since I did it. I'm sure it's settled a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here’s my rig! Its nothing special but I like it. I wanna get a headache rack for it, new exhaust and LEVELED ? The grounds not level btw?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks familiar almost. Looks like your wheels are about the same as mine for offset. 35's will be tight, but they should be doable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I might have been responding to the wrong person with that last post. Kyle, you look like you might already be running 35's? Anyway, Cartitan, I don't know what you're running now, but a word of caution before you dump all that money on tires. Make sure your gearing will be ok with them. The steepest gears these trucks came with I believe was the 3.40's in the tow packages. A lot of them have 2.94's I think it is. Anyway, jumping to a 35 inch tire is going to effectively drop that number and your truck is going to be more sluggish. The 3.40's handle the big tires ok. In order to get back what I lost I need to go to 3.73's. Expensive. Parts alone are going to run around a grand, then I'm not sure I want to tackle the I stall myself, so having someone else do them might be close to another grand. Just some food for thought.
Do you have a pic of your truck?? What setting do you have bilsteins on, the bottom?
I ask because I will be putting 35's on my truck soon and have done the PWM and hoping I can squeeze them in.
Are you on stock wheels, do the tires clear the frame??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts