Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2017 Texas Edition Titan 2WD (Non XD). Loving the truck a lot (except for the terrible city gas mileage). I'm only getting 10.5-11 mpg :/ Does this seem to be the issue with anyone else?

Anyway, I am wanting to lift the truck (yep going to make the mpg worse lol), but I am having lots of trouble finding a lift made for my truck. I am wanting to lift the truck 4" or more. I know of the RCX 6" lift, but that is only for the XD 4x4 Titans and I know PRG has some stuff, but I am not sure if it is compatible with the 2017 2WD (Non XD) Titan (Can't seem to get a response back from PRG).

I only seen that the Calmini 6" is compatible for my truck but the dang lift costs $1700. Wanting to find a more feasible route..

Could anyone help me with some options that you may know of that I am not finding?? I would greatly appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Rough country has a 6" for 2017.. personally I wouldn't buy it you have to cut. Also have to drill new holes in your LCA and attach a new lower strut Mount.. the calmini is $1595. I have heard the kit is very good but takes a long time to get as they build to order. And there customer service is bad. I've reached out to Pro comp and they said it's in the works.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight! I guess I will have to play the waiting game...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Rough country has a 6" for 2017.. personally I wouldn't buy it you have to cut. Also have to drill new holes in your LCA and attach a new lower strut Mount.. the calmini is $1595. I have heard the kit is very good but takes a long time to get as they build to order. And there customer service is bad. I've reached out to Pro comp and they said it's in the works.
Are you saying there are 6" lift kits that get around cutting? if so, please let us know as to my knowledge anything that high will require some form of cutting.

RC 6" kit for the Titan is a decent entry level kit if you don't want to spend an arm and a leg IMO.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
2wd? Buy a maxtrax spindle lift. they work on the new half tons same as the 1st gen titans. Don't do a drop bracket lift kit.

spindle lift with 2" spacer will get you 6" of lift.
spindle lift with coilovers and upper control arms will get you over 6" of lift and a very capable truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2wd? Buy a maxtrax spindle lift. they work on the new half tons same as the 1st gen titans. Don't do a drop bracket lift kit.

spindle lift with 2" spacer will get you 6" of lift.
spindle lift with coilovers and upper control arms will get you over 6" of lift and a very capable truck.

Are you for sure that the Maxtrac spindles are compatible with the 2nd gens like my 2017? I was thinking so but I wanted to 100% sure before I made the purchase and then my luck they aren't compatible. Before this Titan I had a 2011 Frontier and I lifted it 7" with CST spindles and a 3" spacer so I am familiar with this type of set up and I would actually prefer to do the spindle lift so there is no cutting (and it is a fairly easy install).

See link below to PRG Maxtrac Spindles (these are compatible with 2017 2WD?):
PRG Products

Thanks!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Are you for sure that the Maxtrac spindles are compatible with the 2nd gens like my 2017? I was thinking so but I wanted to 100% sure before I made the purchase and then my luck they aren't compatible. Before this Titan I had a 2011 Frontier and I lifted it 7" with CST spindles and a 3" spacer so I am familiar with this type of set up and I would actually prefer to do the spindle lift so there is no cutting (and it is a fairly easy install).

PRG Products

Thanks!
PRG makes quality stuff. Thanks for posting link. Good to know there's a "no cut" option on 6" lift kit.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
PRG makes quality stuff. Thanks for posting link. Good to know there's a "no cut" option on 6" lift kit.
the only 6" that requires cutting/ drilling is the RC. so far

·
Registered
14,137 Posts

PRG Products

Thanks!
A guy on the west coast nissans fb page just did a maxtrax spindle lift on his 2017 2wd titan.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
let me know if you can see these pics....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome! Yep I see the pics, thanks man I really appreciate your help on that. I was getting so frustrated because I couldn't find any answers!

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
No problem man. IIRC DirtKing has a 2nd gen half ton titan now and they are checking to see how much stuff is different.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey that's my truck! Lol

Reactions: honda250xtitan

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Even on 4wd kits? I'm not that knowledgeable on the 2wd ones...
the gen 2 kit involves drilling a hole to attach a new lower strut mounting point.. also have to cut a piece off somewhere on the 6"

·
Registered
14,137 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Reactions: Titan332009

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts