Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the air box mod last night and wanted to know what the best way to reset the computer is. Some people say that you unplug both terminals and leave it overnight. Others say unplug the neg and pump your break a few times.
If you know the best way to do it please let me know and let me know the results you have had to your mpg after this mod
thanks

·
Super Moderator
160,766 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Results after the MOD are mixed from what I have read. I've seen guys claim up to a 2MPG gain, while most report no MPG gain but a little more responsiveness. As far as resetting the computer goes, I usually just remove the negative cable, and turn the headlight switch on for a few seconds to drain any power left in the system. From what I have read you should leave the negative cable removed for at least a couple hours, some claim overnight is best, the longer you leave it disconnected the better your odds of a full reset.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has your mpg increased or decreased with the mod?

·
Super Moderator
160,766 Posts
Didn't affect my mileage one way or another.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I asked this in the DIY airbox mod thread and never got a reply... What if you are tuned like with superchips what will it do if I reset the ecu? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
160,766 Posts
It should reset the ECU back to the exact tune the SC loaded onto it. Resetting it just gets rid of the "learned" attributes, not the actual map.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
It should reset the ECU back to the exact tune the SC loaded onto it. Resetting it just gets rid of the "learned" attributes, not the actual map.
Thanks that's what I wanted to know... :hi:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts