Nissan Titan Forum banner

Help with offset size!

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  NorCal 4x4 
#1 ·
I bought the PRG 2.5" leveling kit for my 2006 Titan XE CC and was wondering what offset I need to fit 295/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers. I will be purchasing Incubus 816 Crusher rims that are 17X9 and they offer a +12,-12, or 0 offset in these rims. I would like them to fit without rubbing or cutting involved. If the tires fit with any of the offsets I provided, then I would like to know which one would stick out the most because I like that look. Thanks a lot in advance!

#2 ·
I have the same lift and I have 8.5 inch wide wheels with 0mm offset and with my 285/70r17s It only rubs the pinch weld area at full lock. You would want to go with the +12mm offset which would bring them in more so that they dont rub so much. Take a look at my photos and you can see some good shots I took of how much the tire sticks out.

If the sticking out look is what you want, you would have to go much higher to get the clearance.

Attachments

Reactions: NorCal 4x4
#3 ·
If yours is rubbing from the inside, wouldn't bringing them in more with wider tires rub even more? Sorry I don't know much about this haha.

#5 ·
haha, I literally just had this conversation with my dad about new wheels. basically what you want is +12, they will stick out a bit if i am correct, because the ones i have do and they are the +12 mm. to answer your questions, your 17x9, being a 0 offset would place the location at the center of the rim, which is 4.5 inches from either side. so either +or- 12mm is an inch toward your truck or away where the center is located. the farther you go in either direction, the more stress you place on the wheel, just letting you know. but i would go with the +12mms if i were you. goodluck with the new look you are going for.

#8 ·
Thanks all for your help! This is making a lot of sense to me now. Unfortunately, a guy over here at americastireco wants to sell me some ballistic 18x9 wizards with 305/60/18 nitto terra grapplers for cheap. He doesn't seem to know a lot about Titans so I would like to find out through you guys if this setup would work. Sorry for changing up the specs suddenly.

#9 ·
That tire will be a little short, and the offset is 0 mm, (at least the one I saw), so they will be like the middle Incubus one as far as fitment if it were a 33. With the 305/60's they should clear better than a 33 but Idk if that would be enough with 5" backspacing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.