Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i put in a new radiator the other day and forgot to connect one of the tranny lines up top to the radiator and i started the truck and lost what i thought was a lot of oil. i refilled with valvoline compatible with J and S. According to the thread on change/ flush i checked the oil cold and fell right in the hashes on the dipstick after i filled. took the truck for a spin and pulled up to a stop light, once i took off the truck revved but did not move, once it engaged i turned around back to the house and checked th e oil at running temp(while running). i was confused how to read the gauge while hot, up the dipstick from the hashes where it says hot there was oil way past that, i wiped the dipstick and checked again and again. can anyone tell me whether it is more accurate to check with the T hot or cold? oh it is an 04 and has 96K miles, so no dealer for me. thanks

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Are you checking it with it running? I know its sometimes hard to tell exactly how full it is on the dipstick because it curves before it go's into the trans.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes while it was running, after letting it warm up to norm run temp, is it supposed to b in between the little hash area when you check it while running, as well as when you check it when its cold? thought i got it right drove around the block and it doesn't slip when taking off, now it seems to slip when down shifting from second to first when i stop.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Here you go, from the manual: :)

Reactions: natedog
1 - 4 of 4 Posts