Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Titan SE...Heavy Metal Chrome.My fiance hit a curb and damaged the wheel.I thought they were chrome rims.Until she hit a curb and and peeled back part of the wheel.I would say about 4 inches long.To my surprise it is actually some type of molding that is attached to the wheel.I brought it to a Nissan dealership and guy in parts dept said I would have to replace the whole wheel at a cost of about $700-800.But he can get it at his price for just over $600.Which is way more than I can afford right now.Then this guy I deal with at Firestone told me a guy that has a Ford truck had same thing happened and was able to just replace the molding at a much cheaper cost.So my question yo ya'll....Does anyone know if I can just pull that molding off and replace it? Is there a place online that I can buy one at a good price? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
It's always women huh? lol

It'd probably be cheaper to have the whole rim redipped, but idk. I'm not exactly a chrome guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Underagedtitan you couldn't be more right.LOL I really don't think dipping will work.It's a thick chrome plastic that looks like it was put on with some serious adhesive onto the wheel.Guess I'll have to take a picture of it and try to post it.Guy at dealership even said he has never seen that before.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Sounds like they did those rims pretty cheap... Maybe get some filler, then buy some chrome spray paint? Might not look the best, but definitely an option

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you seen what it looks like you would know that won't work either.lol She did a pretty nice job.Thanks alot for your input tho. :eek:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts