Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so my parents were all cool about helping me get a Titan, but my mom got this consumer report magazine thing that punks the Titan!! It uplifts the honda ridgeline and the tundra 4.7L, and now my mom is bent on me getting one of the two. I mean not to sound mean to those in favor of the ridgeline, but all I have said is who would ever buy a ridgeline for a full sized pick up; and now im going to be driving one!!!!:crying: What can i do to sway her back to the good side?(Titan side :) )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha ya my dad is all for the titan and his second choice is the f150, but my it always seem to work that in the end my mom wins the decision well i guess its ridgeline for me!!!:deathsent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
602 Posts
get a copy of the motor trend I think it is somewhere between march and july issues that disses the tundra. or go online to motor trend and the was a post on here a month ago with a link to the road test that the tundra came in 3 and the ford was 4 and the titan was 2nd. try to find those and give them to her
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
What did CR have bad to say abt the Titan? I have to be honest though Honda & Toyota quality are hard to beat.

I'm on your side Bro but as a parent looking for a reliable truck I'd probably also opt for a Tundra or Ridgeline.

Good Luck,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
248 Posts
dksfowler said:
get a copy of the motor trend I think it is somewhere between march and july issues that disses the tundra. or go online to motor trend and the was a post on here a month ago with a link to the road test that the tundra came in 3 and the ford was 4 and the titan was 2nd. try to find those and give them to her
It was the April issue of Car & Driver. The Titan finished 2nd by 8 points to the Silverado.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,534 Posts
Consumer reports is a communist magazine, they always favor Honda. I think Honda pays off Consumer Reports. How is the Ridgeline be in the same catagory of full size trucks? If you drive a Ridgeline your gay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
the Ridgeline is NOT a truck
it is a suv with a bed

that is like saying the Chevy El camino is was also a truck

it is mearly a Pilot with the back cut off
and it is not 4wd

it is all wheel drive

so tell mom you want a truck, that rules out the Ridgeline

and leaves the Toyota

then decide if you want a truck with power and torque
or want a truck mearly for the bed (but it is slow and weak) it may last forever though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Part of the problem with CR is that they haven't tested a recent model, and some of the recent updates to the Titan for its past quality issues are too new to be properly judged. What they are also seeing are the extra warranty claims and repairs that Nissan customers are willing to go to the dealer for whereas Toyota and Honda owners aren't willing to acknowledge when they have a problem quite as easily. I've been to quality training sessions that had our vehicles next to the competition, and I've been amazed at the fit and finish that I've seen from Toyota and Honda. Those two brands have a perceived quality from past years that instantly give them a halo, but they other brands are catching up while they are starting to slip. Toyota and Honda have a tendency to have fewer number of recalls than Nissan, but they are for a much larger quantity of vehicles. It's amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
let them..i mean make them test drive a titan and let them see for themselves how awsome they are.also make a bet with them if it can beat there vehical then you can get it lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
Just say to your Mom; " With all due respect Mom, only men who don't have testicules drive Ridgelines.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
SOCALTITANKC4X4LE said:
Just say to your Mom; " With all due respect Mom, only men who don't have testicules drive Ridgelines.
hahaha good one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Rick Guess said:
the Ridgeline is NOT a truck
it is a suv with a bed
Well said I cound'nt agree more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
754 Posts
ridgeline=v6:crying: • 5,000-lb. towing capacity (with towing package)

Beasting titan=v8:hat: tows 9500

Does she also know that the widdle ridgeline has a vee 6?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
The driver's seat is a porta poty, 'cause the driver always pees sitting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DRKSDE said:
What did CR have bad to say abt the Titan? I have to be honest though Honda & Toyota quality are hard to beat.

I'm on your side Bro but as a parent looking for a reliable truck I'd probably also opt for a Tundra or Ridgeline.

Good Luck,
CR just had the titan in fifth place loosing to the ridgeline, tundra, avalanche, and f150, it also bashed the titan's brakes; but it seemed very vague by just saying "bad quality overall"

There is good news though, my mom loved the testicules quote and she said that she doesnt personally like the ridgeline either, but she is now bent on the tundra. I also showed her the popular mechanics review and truck trends reports of the Titan; she was impressed but said that the magazines were biased:confused:

Ohh and thanx for all the help guys; I really want a titan!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dom249 said:
ridgeline=v6:crying: • 5,000-lb. towing capacity (with towing package)

Beasting titan=v8:hat: tows 9500

Does she also know that the widdle ridgeline has a vee 6?
unfortunently she likes the v 6 because of the good mpg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
I would be happy with The Titan or The Tundra, after all, your Mom is helping you. After you get a good job and you don't need your parents help, then you can buy what you want. You have good parents!:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SOCALTITANKC4X4LE said:
I would be happy with The Titan or The Tundra, after all, your Mom is helping you. After you get a good job and you don't need your parents help, then you can buy what you want. You have good parents!:cheers:
ya there pretty cool!, they decided to help me because i've been working and saving for an xe with a $10,000 down payment, but now my parents are gunna help alot and im gunna get an LE, that is if i get a titan:upsidedow . Whatever i get it will beat my 95 nissan xe kc hardbody lol
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top