Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was hot again at the track, go figure, lol, and their was a guy named Al their with a nice looking single cab HEMI. I spoke with Al after his first run of 15.7 about his mods and he told me he had K&N intake, Flowmaster exhaust and Hypertech tune. He was a nice middle aged guy there for fun like me, I told him I was running about 15 right now and he said he would dump his kid of 225 Lbs and we could run for fun. I said great, since I had just got done staring at the back of an SRT8 running 12.63 the last run. I had him open the hood to cool her down and a bit before the next run and gave him some tree pointers and we were off. He jumped his light by .222 and I jumped mine by .008 and we were racing. I had a 2.175 60 to his 2.359 and I pulled away from there on out, 9.552 to his 9.943 at the 1/8th mile marker and finished with a 14.973 at 90.27 to his 15.476 at 87.46. I left a little at the starting line because she wheel hopped a bit but it was a fun race and good company. we raced again with similar results but I ran slower due to my ultra greasy tires after a big smoking burn out. I told him I would do a big burnout and maybe it would slow me down a bit and it did but I still ran like a 15.15 and won. There was a also a CC Titan there, I assume stock or would hope so and he ran a 16.75, yikes. I don't know if thats all she had but I don't think she spun at the line and if it did, I didn't hear it. Equatorial heat bun a fun night at the track.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Congrats on the kill. If you see him out there again tell him to dump the mods he has. Flowmasters clog up the exhaust worse than stock, the K&N is by far the worst intake out there and same with the hypertech programmer. Tell him to get a superchips or diablo sport tuner, true flow intake and an exhaust without chambered mufflers and he should be running low 14's if he knows how to launch.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
HemiRam228 said:
Congrats on the kill. If you see him out there again tell him to dump the mods he has. Flowmasters clog up the exhaust worse than stock, the K&N is by far the worst intake out there and same with the hypertech programmer. Tell him to get a superchips or diablo sport tuner, true flow intake and an exhaust without chambered mufflers and he should be running low 14's if he knows how to launch.
again congrats for the kill. but hemiram do you think the mod set up is for all 1/2 ton pick ups or just rams cuz i added a flowmaster super 40 and a fipk intake and i can feel the difference especially top end. as for hypertech i got nothing. my bro used a bully dog on his f250 but then swapped it out for a tune by dj performance much much better.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I am not saying for all pickups as I do not know how the stock stuff performs on teh Titan. I know the FIPK worked great on my second generation ram and I loved it, however on the hemi there are much better intakes. I know the Volant works great for you gusy but it is garbage for our trucks. The flowmasters don't work great on the dodges either as they actually clog the exhaust more than the stock setup, they sound great but don't perform well for us. As for programmers, the bully dog and the hypertech are ok for the hemi but the superchips is the best as of now, as soon as the diablo comes out it should blow them all away. We Dodge owners just like you Nissan owners are not fortunate enough to have custom tunes like the Ford and Chevy guys, the custom tunes are where motors really wake up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts