Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier tonight i was driving to the local starbucks for some java, minding my own business an older gentleman (well older than i by a few, and then some) stops beside me on a red light, i had the window down, heater blasting, he rolls down the window and said "Mines got a Hemi" i was like ok, looking at his badge almost under his outside mirror I concurred "OK" i said mine has a "Hemi beater"i chuckled to my remark, he gazed at the light like saying well, we will just have to see, we both looked at each other and nodded like to good boys (by the way he had a 1500 truck CC 4X4 2007-08/dealer tags just like mine) the light turned green and i mashed it, i got a quick head start and pulled like 3 trucks up to 80, i slowed down and waited to see what he was going to do, he yelled again at the next light (hardly any cars) at the next light we line them up again, green light and its a go i mash it again, same story 3 + trucks to 80mph, i do have an Airaid intake so that might have helped, he pulls up while driving and yells that import is pretty fast, i said well sorry to correct you but my truck was made in Canton Mississippi, i think your was made in Mexico i yelled back, you better check. He waved see ya, and away he went. Im sure he went home and checked where his truck was built. I got my Java and bailed home. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Nice kill. I guess you can teach old dog new tricks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nothing better then eating a Hemi with a cup of java. Nice kill!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sask Attak said:
Nothing better then eating a Hemi with a cup of java. Nice kill!
I agree with ^ lol

·
Super Moderator
93,617 Posts
It's odd, I have had my truck for 9 months or so, and nobody has challenged me on the road. I have my JBA and Injen installed, so I'm ready for when they do :cheers:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Arachnid said:
It's odd, I have had my truck for 9 months or so, and nobody has challenged me on the road. I have my JBA and Injen installed, so I'm ready for when they do :cheers:
I have the same problem...

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
THATS NO FAIR!!!!
No hemi around my place ever wants to give it a go with my truck!!!!
Only Fords and Chevys..they are to easy though :)

SS's HERE ICOME!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Good kill. For those of you who have never raced a hemi, I'm in Vegas and down for a race any time. As for where they were made, my truck was made in Fenton Missouri according to the window sticker.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
HemiRam228 said:
Good kill. For those of you who have never raced a hemi, I'm in Vegas and down for a race any time. As for where they were made, my truck was made in Fenton Missouri according to the window sticker.
Too far of a drive to race you. Even though you probably are not even close to stock, I'd still do it.

I like to race anything I can, its fun; whether or not I get spanked or not.

Nice kill again.

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
HemiRam228 said:
Stock vs stock the titan will beat the hemi. As far as where it was made, check to see the percentage of foreign vs domestic. Ours made here, not just assembled here.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Our main foriegn component is the Japanese Transmission. The Block is USA at a Nissan Plant, The Frame is USA made by some bankrupt co that does many frames for various mfgs. They build the frames for Tundras too. Electrical harnesses are usually made in Mexico, but I don't know that for ours. Mexico does an awful lot of electrical work. We are heavy USA origin.

Interesting about the Hemi above, hope for some good accurate feedback from HemiRam228. Find some details if you can. We've had posted the Ram is Mexican, specifically the assembly line for it. What is the whole truth???

·
Registered
478 Posts
As for the Titan beating a ram stock for stock, that will go back and fourth depending on which forum you go on, the dodge guys will disagree until they are blue in the face. I have never lost to a Titan, but I am not stock...I am also a regular cab 2 wheel drive.

I just pulled out my window sticker. Not sure for other rams but according to the sheet, mine was assembled in Fenton, Missouri. 17% of the parts are from mexico (the engine is the only part) while 74% of the parts of my truck are from the United States/Canada. Everything except the engine were pretty much made in America/Canada. I know there are some things on the motor that say USA as well so it just may be the block/internals that were made in Mexico. I took a picture with my phone of the build sheet so hopefully it is legible.

What are all the specs like that on the Titan?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
HemiRam228 said:
As for the Titan beating a ram stock for stock, that will go back and fourth depending on which forum you go on, the dodge guys will disagree until they are blue in the face. I have never lost to a Titan, but I am not stock...I am also a regular cab 2 wheel drive.

I just pulled out my window sticker. Not sure for other rams but according to the sheet, mine was assembled in Fenton, Missouri. 17% of the parts are from mexico (the engine is the only part) while 74% of the parts of my truck are from the United States/Canada. Everything except the engine were pretty much made in America/Canada. I know there are some things on the motor that say USA as well so it just may be the block/internals that were made in Mexico. I took a picture with my phone of the build sheet so hopefully it is legible.

What are all the specs like that on the Titan?
My truck is stock except for a AEM intake, and 2* advance and everytime I have raced a Hemi that is similar to my truck I beat it with no problem. I haven't raced any since my 2* advance. The last one I race was right after I installed my toyo m/t's 295/70-17, and he was on stock tires. Both were 4X4 CC's, and I beat him with a good margin. As far as I know the only thing on our trucks that aren't made in the US is the transmission, it is made in Japan. Your truck doesn't break down the US vs canadian?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hemi's suck! I call lit like I see it. I have beaten hemis with mild mods all day long at the track. a fully modded one is a diff. story. They don't stand a chance off the line and by the time there catching up race is OVER!:futwice:

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I pulled behind a guy in an older 'sport' dodge the other day and he flipped to the other lane and gave me some rev's. I was all ready to put the hammer down on him (we were throttling it behind the traffic) at the next stoplight when I think he got a little scared and took a right at the light. I was so pissed but I was already too far to the left to turn around and hunt him down.

He would've been TOAST. His dodge was like a late 90's...

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
anmut said:
I pulled behind a guy in an older 'sport' dodge the other day and he flipped to the other lane and gave me some rev's. I was all ready to put the hammer down on him (we were throttling it behind the traffic) at the next stoplight when I think he got a little scared and took a right at the light. I was so pissed but I was already too far to the left to turn around and hunt him down.

He would've been TOAST. His dodge was like a late 90's...
now, now dont pick off the easy ones.... some are less fortunate....

·
Registered
354 Posts
Warp09 said:
THATS NO FAIR!!!!
No hemi around my place ever wants to give it a go with my truck!!!!
Only Fords and Chevys..they are to easy though :)

SS's HERE ICOME!
Where are you at Warp? You can give this SS a try. I love to race. I don't get much action either, unless I go to the track. Like HemiRam228 said, we live in Vegas and are always up for the challange.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Maybe if you didn't advertise your HP/Torque you could find someone willing to line up!! :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
anmut said:
Maybe if you didn't advertise your HP/Torque you could find someone willing to line up!! :)
What HP/TQ numbers? :coolsmile

1 - 20 of 27 Posts