Nissan Titan Forum banner

here is my lifted titan!

6K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  workman1000 
#1 ·
hey guys i just got my titan back from the shop,
they installed the daystar 2 1/2 inch kit for the front, it rides perfect!!!
remember the stock ride kinda soft, well the daystar makes the ride a little stiffer than normal, and height is pefect....I have installed 265x70r17 on 17x8 centerline wheels, which is 32 inch tires, it looks awesome!
all im waiting for is my pre-ordered gaylord tonneau cover and mytitan will be complete.
oh by the way, whoever posted the OEM alignment specs, Thanks!! I will buy u a beer at the laughlin run!
OH YEAH!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
mytitan said:
remember the stock ride kinda soft, well the daystar makes the ride a little stiffer than normal, and height is pefect....I have installed 265x70r17 on 17x8 centerline wheels, which is 32 inch tires, it looks awesome!
all im waiting for is my pre-ordered gaylord tonneau cover and mytitan will be complete.
oh by the way, whoever posted the OEM alignment specs, Thanks!! I will buy u a beer at the laughlin run!
OH YEAH!
looks nice, I want to do the same thing. How much was the kit, after installation. Did the bigger tires affect your speedo

#5 ·
mytitan said:
OH YEAH!
You had your front side windows tinted, right? That looks good, also.

#6 ·
price

the kit was $129.00, install will run between $150 to $250 which includes alignment. well the speedo didnt change much since the stock tires were 31" inch tires, the 265x70r17 tires were only 1"inch difference, 32"inch tires....i didnt want to go any bigger because loss of power.

#12 ·
hello mytitan,

just curious as to how everything is now that it has been about a month. have you read the thread where "1badtitan" had blown overextended struts due to the daystar spacers. so i've been holding off from installing them because of that reason. i hope you haven't had similar problems. any klunking noise or other mystery noises, leaks, or alignment problems. please advise. thanks

#13 ·
Prometheus said:
hello mytitan,

just curious as to how everything is now that it has been about a month. have you read the thread where "1badtitan" had blown overextended struts due to the daystar spacers. so i've been holding off from installing them because of that reason. i hope you haven't had similar problems. any klunking noise or other mystery noises, leaks, or alignment problems. please advise. thanks
Hey pro, does he have the offroad pkg 4x4 with the ranchos??? You may want to ask that too.

#16 ·
I installed the Daystar lift and it works fine. There is nothing wrong with the datstar lift, it works exactly how it is designed. Yes, it does overextend the struts but thats the price you pay for lifting your truck. I fully expect my struts to top out and break, but I am just trying to get by until Rancho or someone else comes out with an aftermarket strut that is extended. This is the reason that companies come out with extended struts in the first place, you can't expect stock length struts to work well with a lift. Physics 101. I talked to Rancho and they said they will be coming out with extended struts for the Titan by this fall. In the meantime, I will try to refrain from any serious off-road action to try to nurse along my stock length shocks. One of the reasons I didn't buy the off-road package from the dealer was that I knew I was going to get bigger wheels and tires and I fully expected to have to go in and change out my struts after I lifted the truck.

#19 ·
sammy sandbag said:
Have we really? I was under the impression that we just haven't heard of any other problems than yours. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to read any posts that say so.
Ready, "Not His Titan" is experiencing the same "klunking" sound signifying blown struts. Which is the ONLY OTHER TITAN WITH THE OFFROAD PKG that has tried the daystar lift.

#20 ·
Mine is a 4x4 but doesn't have the off-road package. I believe it will be just a matter of time before I end up blowing the struts though. If all I did was highway driving, they would probably be fine. But as soon as I take it off road, I would bet that I will top out the shocks and blow them. I'm just waiting for the aftermarket to catch up. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.