Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as the title suggests, I am having starting issues.

It doesn't seem to matter if its cold outside or not, however if I let it run for awhile, then it seems to be easier to start it again.

The truck hesitates to turn over, and the dash gauges (speedometer, battery, temp, all of em) will be at "zero" and flicker really fast freaking out. Once the truck starts after hesitating to turn over, the gauges still freak for a few seconds, then go to normal.

I have had les schwab test the battery and the alternator, and they had no problems. Without the truck running all electronics work (stereo, dvd player, nav, etc) Its been doing it for over a week now.

Any thoughts, or suggestions? I have 33k miles on it so im thinking go to Nissan, im just afraid to get the dealer bone and get bent over.

If anyone has any similar experiences or suggestions, please let me know...

Could it just be the starter?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I still would think that the battery has a bad cell.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I had the same issue with my 08'...a month after purchase. The dealer replaced the battery, and everything has been fine since.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am all for agreeing its the battery, and am glad to hear (sorry for you though) that someone else experienced a similar issue.

I just want to know why the battery test showed all the cells were fine...?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm not sure why the test wouldn't have shown the issue with the battery, but from the symptoms you describe, it sure sounds like the battery is about to go. There have been numerous issues with the stock batteries. Mine also went out, although when mine quit, it wouldn't start at all.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The gauge flutter is the ECU's warning that the battery's voltage is too low. Your cranking voltage is dropping below the minimums that the ECU requires.

The tester that Les Schwab is using probably is set to show a lower voltage as being "BAD."

Get a battery; that will fix everything.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had the same issue a 1 1/2 months ago. It was the battey. Mine did the same thing you are descibing. Have it checked again somewhere else, then get a Optima RT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts