Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinions on ditching factory alarm system for aftermarket alarm/starter??
Is there an add on remote starter out there compatible with factory system?
Probably voids warranties right? Your input is priceless. Thanks

2011 Pro-4X w/factory theft deterrent system.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I installed a bull dog remote start onto my 2011 pro-4x. Cost about $80 and install was pretty easy and it works with the stock alarm system. You can buy the more expensive version with more remote capabilities, but you can use your stock remote to start and stop. I would rather have my stock remote than the bull dog one, plus the range is better with the stock one.

I talked to my dealership and they said no problem with warranties. Im sure if there was a problem, they might try and say something, but most likely they wont even know its there.

Sean

Reactions: Snaximus

·
Registered
869 Posts
Any aftermarket alarm/starter will work with the truck. The biggest issue is finding the right place to have it installed.

·
Registered
230 Posts
magnasson moss act.....

DEI start alarm combo work good for us over here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks guys... @smon sounds exactly what i'm looking for. You get good range, etc.? Did you get it from the dealer? online? Did you say YOU installed it? Was there many wires to tap? ow about a model number? I used to be in the business of alarms, although it was like 12years ago. Thanks again !!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Yeah, The part number is RS82 and you need the bypass module(#791). I bought mine at autozone for about $80 all together with some extra wires and you need and 5 post accessory relay ($8) if you want to use your factory remote (lock 3X's) to trigger the remote start. I think the range is fine with the factory remote- I know some expensive ones go like 1/2 mile...but I don't know why you need that.

I think you can save about $10 buying off amazon or similiar, but I didn't want to wait. Yes, I installed it myself in about 4 hours using this write up- remote start

Its for an older model but all the wiring is the same. It looks like there are a ton of wires, but it really is simple with that write-up. The kit is universal so there are a quite a few unused wires from the kit. I tried to solder some, but I suck at it so I just used the kits instructions on twisting the wires together and it works great.

I feel like this is the best mod I have done so far to my truck. Nothing like getting in to a warm car with seat warmers when its in the negatives outside. Hopefully that covered your questions, but let me know if you have any more.

Sean

Reactions: Snaximus

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Excellent, man !!! Thanks for the input !!! AND great write up with pictures from that guy's post you linked me to. I guess the longevity of this unit is pretty good. Looks like he did his back in 07.

Thanks again !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts