Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its been a long time since I've been around this board. Some of you may remember me and my Titan? Anyways I've just sold my CTS-V (replaced my Titan) and I have actually been thinking about purchasing a new PRO4X Frontier. Before anyone gets there panties up in a wad I know this isn't a Frontier forum but there has always been great info around here. So that being said does anyone know anything about them? I am deciding between a 2011 Tacoma and the 2011 Frontier. Any help would be appreciated.

Derek,

Here's a few pics of my old lady. I have missed her since the day we parted lol

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Its been a long time since I've been around this board. Some of you may remember me and my Titan? Anyways I've just sold my CTS-V (replaced my Titan) and I have actually been thinking about purchasing a new PRO4X Frontier. Before anyone gets there panties up in a wad I know this isn't a Frontier forum but there has always been great info around here. So that being said does anyone know anything about them? I am deciding between a 2011 Tacoma and the 2011 Frontier. Any help would be appreciated.

Derek,
Hey...WB. I like the looks of the Taco but prefer the powertrain of the Fronty...so I guess I'm no help at all..lol. Either one will be great.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Firstly, the Fronty will be cheaper to mod. Tacomas, if you plan on wheeling them, need spindle gussets welded on or they will bend. And a used one will run you $250 used... Most Titan parts will swap over to the Fronty as well.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
the frontier guys upgrade their front diff to the titan front diffs. kinda tells you how crappy those are. i realy like the tacomas and almost got one instead of my T, but they are over priced for what they are IMO

·
Registered
827 Posts
If my wife would have liked to pay way more for the Sequoia, i would have had a Tacoma. But our issue was $ so she got an Armada, i got the T. Too much money for what you get IMO

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I agree. Toyota over prices the Taco.

I like the appearance of the Taco better than the Frontier, but for the money, the Frontier is more bang for the buck.

Orrrrr.....You could look into a V8 Colorado. lol just sayin

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
I agree with everyone else... they want way toooo much $$$ for a taco... I paid 14k for an 07 titan they want 19k for a new base model taco... no thanks lol btw welcome back..

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys. Here's a few pictures of my new ride. 2011 Fronty Pro4x (my other new ride is a KTM 350SXF)

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Cool.
Welcome back.
At least for the moment.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I'll be hanging around again for sure. I haven't found a good frontier forum yet

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Good lookin fronty! I really like them.

I remember your Titan, it was a damn nice lookin truck!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Somebody must have got a nice bonus this year. Any plans for it?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Congrats - My son-in-law just bought a new ProX4 in November and he loves it.

Here is a link to the Nissan Infiniti Car Owners Club truck forum.
Nissan Trucks Forum

Enjoy that 4 liter engine. For your future planning, the Frontier was designed to accept the Titan 5.6 V8.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Now let's TITAN SWAP that thing!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eventually it would be cool to swap the front suspension from the Titan.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Sweet, my buddy has an 09' Frontier KC, its the manual and that thing is fun as hell to drive... makes me wish they had a manual Titan. I wouldn't mind getting one of those newer Frontiers with the 4.0L V6 with the manual 6-speed. :D

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This 4.0 V6 is pretty stout! After driving it for about a month it surprises me how much go it has. I was searching for a 6 speed but they are very, very hard to find. Then I found out its only available in the 4x4 :( And they charge extra for it lol!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts