Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all,

Looking at a possible XE 4x2 purchase for the summer/fall timeframe, going with the XE since it's a truck, I'm looking more for a daily driver, not a 30k luxo cruiser. My question/dilemma is this: Later on, I'm looking at setting it up to trailer a track car, am I gonna screw myself by not going to an SE with the BT package? Weightwise, I'm looking at about a 2800 pound car, with a ~1200 pound open trailer, give or take 200 pounds on that. Figure in 300 pounds for tires/tools in the bed. Will that be too much for a possible aftermarket class III hitch? The 23k base model really has everything I'm looking for on it, should I suck it up and go the 27-28k route for the extra goodies and BT?

-Charlie

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ok, first skip the class 3. You are well over the 300/3000 rating. You will need a class 4.

Second, I do not know your state, but you may be required to have brakes over 3000#. You can use surge brakes with a manual reverse lockout, but the electrical lockout is much easier.

Third, and the true answer to your question, yes the base model will be able to tow what you are asking, it is just a question of if you want to do the hitch and plug setup. I tow a 5000# boat, and went with the 4X4 SE BT OR, but you will not be pulling up a slick ramp.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
No. Get the XE. Get the factory hitcn, get some better tires and you are good to go. I'm planning on towing 6500 lbs without Big Tow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I actually meant class IV, I should know better than to be typing at 8:30 in the morning when I've been at work since 6.

-Charlie

·
Registered
780 Posts
go XE

go with XE (with Class IV hitch) and enjoy the better gas milage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts