Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Utilitrac system comes with the 4 tie down cleats and the 4 'locks'. Can you buy just the locks? When you buy an extra tie down cleat, does a lock come with it? I'm making my own bike rack and need some more locks.
Thanks All!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not sure exactly how you are doing your bike rack but I wanted to tell about how I did mine. Bought a used Yakima roof rack w/58" crossbars from a friend of mine. The morning after I brought my Titan home I put the four cleats in the tracks and put the rack on top of them. I had thought they were going to be too short and I would have to rig something up but they were actually an inch too long. A quick trip to the chop saw and they were perfect. Drilled a hole in the end of each crossbar and ran a 5/16 bolt through to the hole in the cleat with a big washer on the bottom. The Yakima wing nuts go on top and finish it out and make it look like the rack was made for the truck. I put two additional trays in backwards and successfully put five bikes on the rack with plenty of room underneath for coolers, camping gear, etc. I race mountain bikes and road bikes and often take trips with lots of friends to races so that's why I need so much bike capacity. This setup is a hell of a lot better than the bike rack accessory and much cheaper too!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. That sounds really cool.
I took a fork mount and drilled a hole in the middle of it. I took the bolt out of the Titan's 'lock' and ran the bolt through the hole in the fork mount. End result is a 'lock' with a fork mount attached to it that goes right down in the utilitracks.
I wanted to be able to haul more than two bikes too. I was planning on getting one of the Saris Triple Tracks and mounting that on top of two 'locks'.
I would like to have more locks in case I need them for their intended purpose.
Do you have any pics of the rack you made?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Let's see some pics!

I want to do the same thing. I'd like to see some pics when you guys get a chance...

I am sure it won't be long for a smart aftermarket company to make some more bed accessories like the bike racks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts