Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:hi:Just Traded in my '04 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke 4x4 crewcab w.84k mi. on it for an '08.5 Titan SE KingCab w. 70k mi.....and a 3yr/36k mi warrantee:).

It was an unexpected thing, you see I recently started to have some serious turbo problems with the 6.0L....upon going to the ford dealership was told I had some major engine problems...to the tune of $3650 to fix (restricted oil cooler, restricted EGR cooler, cracked Y-Pipes and turbo about to fail due to excessive heat (oil not being cooled) ...and then found out that after I fixed this mess I could expect my headstuds to go for another $4k to repair....

Pretty serious stuff considering I had always chgd my oil/filter at 3k and basically babied it - never even off roaded it.....and why was my cooling system "restricted" with 84k mikes on the truck, and the svc manual for the 6.0L diesel says to chg at 105k mi???...long story of a HUGE ford F-UP..... anyway I am over it....Ford has decieved thier customers with the 6.0L diesel motor.... here read this to get a feel for the magnatude of fords lies and deceit.....oh, and as an fyi...I have driven Ford trucks since '88 and this was my 2nd Powerstroke diesel truck from Ford

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/11/09/Ford.pdf

I wanted decent towing power for both my sailboat and racecar...which both are a little under 3k lbs trailer included.

Just had the dealer finish up some odds and ends, i.e. Full detail, paint touch up trans svc and coolant flush, oil chg.....

I am very Happy with it in the very short time I have had it......I hope I can expect more from Nissan quality and customer care than I ended up getting from Ford.

I'm looking forward to a lot of great miles in my (new to me...) '08 Titan.

All the best, and I look forward to hangin' out and learning from everyone,

Johnny Riz

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Welcome. Sit back and let the fun begin. If you start to mod your truck, you won't stop. No matter how hard you try. Bedliner is a Titan owners crack, so be careful with it (you'll know why if you hang around long enough).

·
Premium Member
46,438 Posts
good luck with your 'new' Titan

bedliner is very powerful, be careful, its like halftwo said its crack cocaine...no one just tried it once...i believe the methadone for it is chrome

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Welcome to the Titan nation, you'll love it here and will most likely spend all day on here like some of us. Where are you located at if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Or you can be like me and hate bedliner.... lmao anywho. Welcome and congrats on the new to you titan!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Or you can be like me and hate bedliner.... lmao anywho. Welcome and congrats on the new to you titan!
You hate it because it doesn't come in pink....:redblob"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm....I'm missing the "bedliner" thing???:confused:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
hmmm....I'm missing the "bedliner" thing???:confused:
haha dont worry. you'll findout soon enough. its just a homemade mod few owners have done to their wiper cowl or other plastic pieces, even step rails to combat the faded look.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Spray on rustoleum bedliner is what you need to check out :D

I think I may have an addiction myself...

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the T. I hope you have better luck with the Titan. I have had 2 and never had an issue with either but that's not to say you won't have any issue's and I hope you don't. Post some pics if you can.

·
Super Moderator
161,868 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the boards! Your Titan won't have any problems pulling those light loads you mention, but those sure do seem light. Especially the car and trailer combo.

·
Premium Member
5,016 Posts
Welcome to the forum! This truck is pretty impressive, and I get plenty of compliments with it as well. As for the bedliner addiction...Most of our plastic trim fades over a couple years and looks pretty bad, so the creative fix was rustoleum bedliner. I was with TUGthis at first, but as the cowl turned white I gave it a try...I have a lot of plastic, as well as the inside of the rear bumper, and I just finished the tailgate where the plastic bedliner was. I think the next thing i'm going to tackle is the mudflaps. Enjoy, that's surely not going to be the only addiction you have!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts