Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Titan 08
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Essential worker in need of a vechicle so got me a used Nissan Titan 2008 Essential Truck and already have a code.

·
Registered
Nissan Titan 08
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for the hospitality. The code reads P0240 Bank 1 Catalyst Efficiency. I gone underneath the truck and the rear tail exhaust pipe is missing. The dealership mechanic stated the missing tail rear exhaust pipe holds the O2 sensor. Sad to say but I bought the truck with no warranty and with no repairs sold as is. I love my truck and am gonna fix what needs to be repaired. I see Oreillys having the rear tail exhaust pipe $50 worth (bolt on) Does the rear tail exhaust pipe require a O2 sensor on it? Is this O2 sensor for the rear tail exhaust pipe reading for Bank 1?

·
Registered
Nissan Titan 08
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought a rear exhaust tail pipe for 50 bucks then took it down to a muffler shop. They weld it on, costing 75 dollars and engine light has not appeared yet since Dealer Mechanic cleared it. The rear tail pipe does not require a O2 sensor. However, performed a scan and code reads P0240 Bank 1 Catalyst Efficiency. Essential truck is running alot smoother from the rear than before. Happy Memorial Day to you all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts