Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I installed an aftermarket HID system about 4 months ago. . .I did the 8000k system. Loving it! But, about a week ago, one of the bulbs burnt out. I checked with the mnftr, and they don't warrenty the bulbs.

So my question is do I have to get a 8000K bulbs, or will any HID bulb work. . .also, if I get just one bulb, will it match the other side?

Any info will help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
im in the same boat... mine recently fell out of the hole on a speed bump and split in two pieces... im going to email the seller because it should not have fallen out

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
SeanVree said:
So I installed an aftermarket HID system about 4 months ago. . .I did the 8000k system. Loving it! But, about a week ago, one of the bulbs burnt out. I checked with the mnftr, and they don't warrenty the bulbs.

So my question is do I have to get a 8000K bulbs, or will any HID bulb work. . .also, if I get just one bulb, will it match the other side?

Any info will help!

Thanks!
They don't burn out. They either break or the ballast goes bad. You know when the bulb starts to go bad because, over time, they get dimmer. Swap it to the other side and see if it's the ballast or a bad bulb. Most companies give a 1 year warranty.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I wouldnt say they never burn out... they just last longer then halogens...

·
Registered
340 Posts
you can get any bulb that has a 9006 base. any color will work but it wont match the other side unless you get the 8000K

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
killcatzforfun said:
I wouldnt say they never burn out... they just last longer then halogens...
They can't burn out...there's no filiment to do so. They will get dimmer over time, the ballast can go on ya, or the bulb can break. So no, they don't last forever, but won't "burn out". I've found they last a good 2 to 3 years before any really noticable change in brightness.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
ahh I was thinking you thought that they would last forever lol
I see what you are saying

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jeffs05SE said:
you can get any bulb that has a 9006 base. any color will work but it wont match the other side unless you get the 8000K
So all the HID bulbs are 9006 base?

·
Registered
309 Posts
They have HID bulbs in almost all sizes. I have HID for my headlights and my fogs. DIfferent brands has "different output color" even though they say it's a certain color. I bought 5000K of two different brands and my fogs have a blue tint where as my low-beams are bright white. Just don't go cheap when you look for them. I found that out when I put HID's on my maxima. Light output is good but quality is bad. I had to reroute the wires in on the plugs and the plugs were made from cheap hard thin plastic. I learned my lesson and won't do it again.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are some good HID bulb brands?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts