Nissan Titan Forum banner

HID headlight bulbs

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  LD5050 
#1 ·
Getting ready to put hid in an was wondering if anyone has suggestions on what brand and 35w 6000k or 55w 6000k. I am only doing the low beams at this time

#2 ·
Get ready for some backlash.

#3 ·
Most are going to say dont do it until you can do it properly. Meaning projectors (retrofit), just sticking bulbs in is going to give oncoming traffic horrible glare.

#5 ·
search headlight retrofit. Tons of info out there. That would be the PROPER way to do it but be prepared to dish out some coin.

#8 ·
The plug and play kits are fine, if you have projectors to put the bulbs in. OEM Titan headlights do not have projector lenses. The issue is the OEM lenses do not focus the light correctly and, while you may end up with bright lights, the light scatters horribly and it'll only travel a short distance. You won't achieve the best results and you'll blind anyone in front of you whether they're in a car/truck/semi whatever.

#9 ·
I've run HIDs in the stock headlamps for 3 years. Aim them properly and you will be fine. I've had people flash their brights at me maybe 5 times, 3-4 of which were after I lowered the rear which made the lights aim slightly up. HIDs can be blinding regardless of whether you have projectors or not.

Go with 35w, they are stupid bright, no need for anything brighter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#12 ·
Any problems with anything melting from the heat these bad boys put off?

#11 · (Edited)
Just installed a set of the 55w 6000k about 8 hours ago. Haven't tested them out yet though.

#13 ·
Find a brand with a good warranty. We replace HIDs so often that we are close to dropping them as a product. There are probably several people here who have never had issues with theirs and that's great. But we install 25 to 50 sets a month and the numbers don't lie. We have tried MANY manufacturers.
LEDs usually aren't quite as bright, but have a much lower failure rate. We like ones with heat-sink cooling vs. fan based cooling.

Our LEDs are typically twice the cost of HIDs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.