Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have a friend who has an Xterra and his dealer told him not to put Xenon bulbs in when replacing the bulbs because it has been known to melt the headlight assembly. I want to get the HID Conversion Kit and I was curious about whether or not anyone else has experienced problems with this?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
That is 100% untrue. HID bulbs actually put off less heat than a typical halogen bulb. HID bulbs are usually 35 watt, versus 55 watt for the stock halogen.

I had a conversion kit on my previous truck, and have them on my Titan as well, no problems at all. Stay away from Chinese made kits though, they are known to be down on quality compared to others.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have had my conversion kit on for about two months and haven't had a problem yet. Go ahead and do it, I will never drive another vehicle without HID's, best mod I have done so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's all I needed to know! Thanks a lot guys!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree, I'll never drive another truck without HIDs. I have them on our Titan and on my Chevy.
Make sure you buy a quality kit. Do some research and buy something that is Korean made...not Chinese. Also, make sure all the parts in the kit are designed to work with eachother. Not just a company that bought extra parts from different manufacturers, put their stickers on them, and put them all in the same box.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pharcyde_titan said:
I agree, I'll never drive another truck without HIDs. I have them on our Titan and on my Chevy.
Make sure you buy a quality kit. Do some research and buy something that is Korean made...not Chinese. Also, make sure all the parts in the kit are designed to work with eachother. Not just a company that bought extra parts from different manufacturers, put their stickers on them, and put them all in the same box.
I'll do that. Any brands, in particular, that you recommend?

Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
im changing to a 4300K kit next week. my friend gets german kits and the quality is outstanding.

I have had the same kit in 6000K and 8000K, i'm going with the 4300 to get the same light that my g35 produces.

i can get you a kit for 150$ + shipping if you'd like.

shoot me a PM.

also if anyone is looking for a set of 8000K bulbs cheap let me know.
i may get rid of them when i do the swap.

-ian

·
Super Moderator
36,627 Posts
jaho1979 said:
That is 100% untrue. HID bulbs actually put off less heat than a typical halogen bulb. HID bulbs are usually 35 watt, versus 55 watt for the stock halogen.

I had a conversion kit on my previous truck, and have them on my Titan as well, no problems at all. Stay away from Chinese made kits though, they are known to be down on quality compared to others.

Thats funny because most kits are made in China! HAHA Yep, even the expensive one from Germany use a Chinese ballast

1 - 10 of 10 Posts