1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
what are you asking?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went ahead and ordered all of them for my truck.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
I have brought 8 different kits from DDM and had not one problem with any of them. Your always going to find bad reviews on anything you want to buy. What you look for is if the negative reviews are always the same problem. And if the problem has been resolved

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Lows are 9006? 8k from them is "ice blue"?

Fogs are the 880/881? 6k is white?

$59.98 shipped to my door need to order today :]
They are $29 a piece right now. And 6k has a slight blue tint to it. 5k is white.

I own both 6ks in my fogs and headlights and love them.

DDM has a bad reputation while HID Extra does not and they take care of you. Plus their kits are plug and play for both fogs and headlights. No need to crimp wires, etc like you do on the DDM kits.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
The DDM kits i have are plug and play, no wire cutting involved.
Strange as I saw many here and pictures showing them modifying the DDM kits to make them work.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
DDM kits are plug and play, no crimping of anything involved.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Strange as I saw many here and pictures showing them modifying the DDM kits to make them work.
Then they bought the wrong kits. All DDMs kits are full plug-n-play with all plugs matching the factory connectors.

The 4500k is white. 5k is SLIGHTLY bluer, and 6k is bluer still. I found the 6k bulbs to be a little too blue for my taste and went with the 4500k which are closest to a factory HID set-up (truth be told, the difference from 4500k and 6k aren't hugely different..but noticable). The nice thing about the DDMs (and maybe other companys as well) is that if you don't care for the color you get, it's only $12 for a different set! I've tried most of them ...lol. I bought the 3k bulbs but found them to actually be yellow...like fog light yellow.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
DDM is plug and play. Do a google,interent forum search of DDM or HIDextra...Sure MOST companies will have some bad reviews, but DDM takes the cake IMO. Their bad reviews date back when they were selling crap suspension products.

http://image.bayimg.com/kaoidaach.jpg

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I was wondering does anyone have the HID highs and fogs? and is there a noticable difference in the highs to lows and are the fogs melting ur lenses?

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
HIDextra and DDMs bulbs and ballasts are interchangable also. They use the same connectors on both the ballasts and bulbs.

I've heard of people with highs, lows and fogs converted to HID. High beam HIDs, unless maybe you live in the middle of knowhere where you'll have them on for long periods without going on and off, aren't a good idea....but they can be done. I've heard stories of people having their fog lamp lenses warping/melting but I don't see why since HIDs run cooler. I can only surmise that the bulbs used are not the right size and are too close to the lense.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I was wondering does anyone have the HID highs and fogs? and is there a noticable difference in the highs to lows and are the fogs melting ur lenses?
I have them on lows and highs. When you turn your highs on, you dont see the difference immediately like you would with regular bulbs since they take a few seconds to warm up but once you have them on, you can see it projects way further out and is brighter. turn them off and you will see where the light pattern used to be. They arent good for flashing people lol but do make a difference after they warm up.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
My fog lenses melted with 35w HIDs. I highly doubt this was because of the HID though, but because I bought cheap $70 ebay fogs. I know Gary748's OEM Fog housing is showing slight signs of melting/warping (have to be up really close to notice) with his 35w HIDs. I was going to go with a glass lense fog. You guys should have seen how bad those cheap Ebay fogs got melted, surprised they didn't catch on fire

·
Registered
889 Posts
I kind of hope mine melt.lol I want to order the glass lens ones that spyder makes. The lenses are already tinted. I need my to melt so I can tell the wife its out of necessity.hehe

·
Registered
889 Posts
Unless the description is lying, I am sure. I checked a couple of different websites and each description said they were glass.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts