Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a set of HIDs and had planned on using those as high beams and getting some cool blue bulbs for the low beams. But first, want to her yalls opinions

·
Read Only
2,060 Posts
Scroll down to the bottom of this page and you'll see a similar thread section. HIDs are always discussed.

Some don't install HIDs in the high beam because it take a little bit to ignite and light up if you were going to use them to flash your high beams.

Most install HIDs to get the road brighter. Most don't because it blinds others on the road.

Some install 5000K or less to get the best light on the road.

Some install 6000K or greater to get more of a bluish, purplish hue but they get less visible light and more eye strain.

It's all personal preference and every time an HID thread starts, it always become a debate over who to buy it from, what K temp to buy, what Wattage to buy.

·
Registered
827 Posts
I'm not sure about everyone else's lights or even if they are this way from factory, but do the highs and lows come on at same time? I installed my HID lows and now my lows and highs stay on at same time. I'm ordering some more from Armaden soon

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
I'm not sure about everyone else's lights or even if they are this way from factory, but do the highs and lows come on at same time? I installed my HID lows and now my lows and highs stay on at same time. I'm ordering some more from Armaden soon
Yeah they both stay on

·
Registered
715 Posts
I had a 4300K low beam kit in for a week. Just pulled it out this weekend. Couldn't stand noticing that the wicked glare was bothering other people. Seriously, you can adjust the aim down or whatever you want to do, but the glare is non directional and can't be tamed by aiming your hotspots down.
It's not nice for others to put HID's in stock headlights on a big truck. HIDs put out a ton of light ALL OVER. I wasn't going to do it, but it seems many on here like their HIDs, as opposed to other car forums where people are more "honest" about how bad HID kits can be. I think you guys running HIDs don't even realize how bad they are for others. I went back to stock headlights and installed OEM fogs to help a LITTLE.

I did see a Titan with HIDs before I put mine in, he was behind me and it seemed OK, but now I realize that was due to auto dimming mirror and window tint (and my truck is higher than his).

Oh yeah, BTW Nissan headlights in general SUCK. My Titan and my Maxima have horrible headlights! For such a new vehicle, I can't believe a Titan uses a 9006 bulb, the 9006 is outdated! It's been around 25 years now. My Toyotas had awesome headlights (hate Toyota in general though)

You can do whatever you want w/HIDs, but I thought I would say something real about them since most people don't mention the drawbacks on this site.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Got a set of HIDs and had planned on using those as high beams and getting some cool blue bulbs for the low beams. But first, want to her yalls opinions
Unless you live in an area where you can leave the high beams on, I'ddo the opposite......HID lows and cool blue for the highs. The HIDs take a few seconds to come up to full brightness...usually making them silly to use in the highs because they're usually on and off and on again.
Just make sure you properly aim the lows. You won't be getting flashed all the time if you install and aim them correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts