If so, do you have pictures?

was just browsing around for some good buys and came up with -

and for HIDs to go with it - maybe 8K

8,000k HID Kits

Hit me back with some input, por favor.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I love amazon!!!!! i have never had a problem with ordering anything from them!!! but for the lights sorry never had any experience with them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Check on it but the projector lights say not for use with HID lights. This may just be something to cover them if you melt your housings but that is what they say...

Anyone put HIDs on their projectors?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Check on it but the projector lights say not for use with HID lights. This may just be something to cover them if you melt your housings but that is what they say...

Anyone put HIDs on their projectors?
I'm curious about this too. Seems like most aftermarket lights are too sh***y plastic to deal with it.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I've had these lights on the t since 06. I have hid bulbs (8k) but a little modding with a dremel tool is required. As far as the leds and halos go, they suk. mine went out about eight months after the install. My friends leds and halos also went out about a year after. i'm still using them (just disconnected everything) with the hid bulbs and still no problems.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
thanks texas titan. Awesome pictures. Those are the ones I got. Glad to hear they are already bright. I was scared I was not going to be as happy when they came in.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
actually they were 102.99 plus 49.99 shipping.. but yeah the bulbs that came with mine are freakin amazing. i was nothing but satisfied glad a can help, but i suggest once you get them installed, you dont look directly into the mid of the bulb.. bad idea lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Texas, I have a 2010 Titan and I got those CCFL Halo lights off ebay too. What would you recommend i do as far as getting them installed? i work with computers so i'm not too knowledgeable on replacing the whole headlight housing unit. What would be the easiest way to do it?

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'm goin to pick these ones up soon:

04-07 ARMADA/TITAN LED CCFL HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS | eBay

I like them because they are closest to stock looking i've found...it says to use h7 in low and h1 in highs, I have hid lows right now 9006 or whatever...so all I would have to do is order h7 bulbs from the same place I bought my hids?

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
i used an extended flat head, quarter turn the clips to get the grille off. (2) 8 mm bolts on the front of the fights, then get inside the wheel well and there is another 8 mm. and a 10 mm i believe on the inside as well, it should come right out, dont forget to undo the wiring harness though. my lights came with instructions and clips for wiring the 3 leds on the top. other then that the stock harness should fit the new bulbs and everything,

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
i used this, so i hope it helps all of you,

hope to hear some positive feed back, make sure you all post pics and let me know how it all works out

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
tennessee, best bet if you dont think u can do it on ur own if csll around lil shops or car audio spot that im sure could help you out, if u have any questions send me a pm and ill do what i can

grey, did you smoke out the lights, the look sick as **** in ur sig pic

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks bro!! yeah, the ones I have are dang near identical to yours but it really doens't have instructions, just recommends professional installation. I got a few grease monkey friends that like working on vehicles but I at least wanted to go in there with some knowledge on how to do it. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
grey, did you smoke out the lights, the look sick as **** in ur sig pic
thanks man...well I color matched the housings that used to be chrome and smoked the side markers with vht nightshades...good stuff if you know what your doin.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
sweet, question, how do you get the housing. i think it would be amazing if i could turn the black housing to white, never seen it done so i might give it a shot some day, when im ballsie (spellcheck lol) enough

1 - 20 of 24 Posts